Air Video Remote not working... (Lin)

Ashton

2[H]4U
My whole desktop crashed... again... from a virus... again... so I'm trying to get everything running once more and ran into this VERY annoying issue:

Air video server works GREAT while I'm on the LAN, however I cannot access it from the internet... The "auto setup forwarding" just spins around forever, never setting up... I added the proper exceptions/forwards on my router, but when I put the PIN into the iPad client I get "PIN invalid or server is offline"

Suggestions?

EDIT:
Yes, I am considering VPN-ing into the LAN but I've never tried it with Air Video and also at the moment the only PC I can use is very flakey... (old VAIO laptop that randomly overheats(?) when it's lid is closed and crashes, unable to find it's own HD when/if it reboots...)

Do you have a static IP address?

Not set up, but the PC/router have not reset since I started, so as far as AVS is concerned, yes. (I probably need to go ahead and set that up, considering how many IP conflicts I get otherwise...)

It said:

Success: I can see your service on 71.31.233.100 on port (45631)
Your ISP is not blocking port 45631

So apparently the port forward is working... makes me wonder if it's an AirVideo problem...

AirVideo remote says:

STATUS
Looking for UPnP or NAT-PMP compatible device(s)...

and the progress bar is stopped half-way (even though I unchecked the "Automatically map Port"

Back