AIO vs Custom Water: Showdown at 280mm

Most are the factory sealed kind with no way to repair them. A few now have fill ports, but not many.

Some of us started water cooling with aquarium and pond pumps and car heater radiators. At first we had to make our own waterblocks. Wish I still had the pics from those days.

Last edited:
Most are the factory sealed kind with no way to repair them. A few now have fill ports, but not many.

Some of us started water cooling with aquarium and pond pumps and car heater radiators. At first we had to make our own waterblocks. Wish I still had the pics from those days.

This was how it started for me. A buddy of mine was apprenticing at a machine shop, and I actually still have it. circa 1999

waterblock.jpg

This was how it started for me. A buddy of mine was apprenticing at a machine shop, and I actually still have it. circa 1999

View attachment 462036
I was working in machine shop and made several similar to your out of copper. Thicker outer walls drilled and tapped for top plate. Top plate was drilled and tapped for fittings. Worked quite well on CPUs of that era.

Back