After 22 core?

Epyon

[H]ard|Gawd
I know the 22 core will fit on the mini itx but do we have any news on what is after that but can still fit on a mini itx platform?

Also will the cpu have better thermal paste

Last edited:
I know the 22 core will fit on the mini itx but do we have any news on what is after that but can still fit on a mini itx platform?

Also will the cpu have better thermal paste

I think the big problem you face for an itx board is power phases. It takes ALOT of chokes, and mosfets, and cooling all working in parallel to deliver the necessary clean power and current to so many cores. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on more than 22 cores on an ITX platform.

I think the big problem you face for an itx board is power phases. It takes ALOT of chokes, and mosfets, and cooling all working in parallel to deliver the necessary clean power and current to so many cores. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on more than 22 cores on an ITX platform.

There are lots of problems on the mini-ITX platform. There is everything you mentioned and a lack of space for the larger sockets needed for higher core counts and the thermal solutions to cool them.

There are lots of problems on the mini-ITX platform. There is everything you mentioned and a lack of space for the larger sockets needed for higher core counts and the thermal solutions to cool them.
the thermal solutions aren't really the problem. Its the noise that comes with them. Nobody will accept 1u tunnel type cooling.

the thermal solutions aren't really the problem. Its the noise that comes with them. Nobody will accept 1u tunnel type cooling.

That's not entirely what I meant. Going towards HEDT style processors in that form factor is extremely limiting due to a lack of physical space for RAM slots as well as a lack of physical space for the CPU sockets and their required thermal solutions.

yeah... I keep trying to come up with a reason for this in ITX other than because I can.

Back