Advice on components to purchase for 2080ti with Byliski block

drutman

Gawd
Scored a MSI RTX 2080 Ti Ventus GP 11GB with a Byliski GPU block what pump[/res combo and rad do you all recommend, my experience is with AIO loops only. Was thinking decent size res so I can plumb in a CPU block at a later date on X99 now. Open air case so no size issues.

1631245208565.png

Scored a MSI RTX 2080 Ti Ventus GP 11GB with a Byliski GPU block what pump[/res combo and rad do you all recommend, my experience is with AIO loops only. Was thinking decent size res so I can plumb in a CPU block at a later date on X99 now. Open air case so no size issues.

View attachment 393659

I think the typical setup would be 240mm/360mm rad and a D5 pump+res mounted to the rad.

D5 is highly recommended thanks. Is a larger res a factor?
The only thing I can think that a larger res would do is increase you liquid volume. This would mean it would take longer for the loop to heat and cool, since it has more volume to do each with.

View attachment 393659
The size of the reservoir doesn't really matter, but the size of the rad(s) does. A larger reservoir will give you a bigger coolant volume, increasing the time it takes for the temperature to reach equilibrium, but this will really only be a difference of a few minutes.

Thermaltake makes a tube res (for a d5 pump) that bolts right up to their own cases, but it's kind of pricy relative to their competition. I like XSPC, personally, but I had to drill a couple of holes to mount theirs. Get the biggest rads you can fit on the case (a 420?) and you should be good. My Core P5 has a 9900K and a 2080 Ti that are cooled with a single 45mm thick 480, and that's plenty.

I agree, you can never have enough raddage! Personally i prefer Hardwarelabs gtx, sr2, gtr or gts rads in that order for single rad highend cpu/gpu loops. If price is a factor check out the
https://www.performance-pcs.com/black-ice-nemesis-l-series-360-stealth-radiator-nls360-f2pb.html
They are the OEM of the gtx and what HWL builds for corsair. They are excellent rads for very reasonable prices but may be hard to find. The only difference is a few degrees and the look vs the gtx. Whatever you do don't buy a corsair rad. The markup is ridiculous vs the L series 360 rad ($60-70 vs $115-130) considering they are they exact same thing.

Imo reservoir size/style is kind of like choosing your case. Get something you really like because its one of the loop components you'll see and others will admire everytime you look at your rig. That and they can last forever as long as you choose a well built one. So be sure to do your homework before you pull the trigger. My best advice, don't settle. Get exactly what you want the first time around.
GL and enjoy the new loop!

I also got some byski blocks recently and went all byski because it was cheap. So far i have been impressed with the build quality and the only issue i had was a dent on one end of one of my radiator from shipping.

I also got some byski blocks recently and went all byski because it was cheap. So far i have been impressed with the build quality and the only issue i had was a dent on one end of one of my radiator from shipping.
Byski makes solid stuff. Rads included. I failed to mention that before. TPU did a review recently of a couple of them if memory serves. They were really impressive and inexpensive if you go the aliexpress route.
I used Byski fittings in my last build and really like them but they have to be cleaned with dawn dish soap prior to using. The orings are a bit oily (mine have 4 per fitting internally). They are well built, look good and cost a heck of a lot less than bp. Ive also got a Byski gpu block. After years of nothing but EK gpu blocks i have no regrets.

I had a bykski block on my 1080ti it was actually nice looking with rgb that worked great & i even preferred it over the stock aorus block. It even performed well also. You need to decide how much rad you want just get a d5 with it I have 840mm worth of 30mm radiator surface in all copper which is awesome/overkill for my 2080ti+6900k even one 360 or 480 should be plenty.

I think you'll be fine with dual 240mm/280mm rads (not the thin stuff, get the medium/thicker ones) or a single 420mm (3x140mm) rad.

That should net you decent cooling capacity, even factoring in the CPU.

Back