Add a mic or by headset ?

reaper7534!

Limp Gawd
Currently using Sennheiser 598SE plugged in to a Epos GSX 1200 and my mic is Samson USB mic, can recall model number. I'm trying to clear up desk clutter so I would like to do away with the mic. I'm down to two options, keep the 598SE and add a modmic uni or buy the EPOS H6Pro headset. If price were not considered, will I notice any difference in sound ? I considered the Beyerdynamic MMX100, but I have Ferengi ears, so it's a no go.

Thanks

I use a modmic on my beyerdynamic dt-880s. comfortable and good sound and mic(for what it is).

Get the headset and clear the clutter the sound quality will be great!

Just use a webcam as a microphone. A webcam is pretty standard equipment for a computer these days, and 99% of them have built-in microphones. Can be mounted above the monitor easily if needed to reduce clutter. I use a Logitech C920 and it has a nice stereo microphone.

That allows me to just use my existing good headphones instead of being tied to some crap headset.

Just use a webcam as a microphone. A webcam is pretty standard equipment for a computer these days, and 99% of them have built-in microphones. Can be mounted above the monitor easily if needed to reduce clutter. I use a Logitech C920 and it has a nice stereo microphone.

That allows me to just use my existing good headphones instead of being tied to some crap headset.
Only problem with built in mics is that they often pick up keyboard clatter etc to an annoying level.

Back