Adblock plus problems

Psycrow

Gawd
I have installed adblockplus and it use to work fine.
But recently when i click on different videos on youtube, then often i see a timer in the corner and then
i must press a skip add button. But ther eare no adds running..only a white screen with a timer and the button to skip the add for.

Im using firefox and never had this problem.
What is going on here ?

Just confirming I see this on ABP as well (because that's the only adblocker we can use at work). It just recently started. What that tells me, is YouTube changed the layout/code for its ad displays and ABP hasn't caught up to it yet with their current filterset/ruleset. This happens from time to time with multiple sites because any changes they make can cause the adblocker rules to break.

If you have any systems where ABP is the only available choice then updating filters, checking their forums for manual filters to enter... those might be routes you could take.

But I agree with other posts here, on all devices where I do have control over what is installed, I use uBlock Origin and it's better in many ways than ABP, would highly recommend it as the solution.

I have two options for you:
1. StopAd.
2. Ghostery.

I cannot tell what is wrong with the app that you use but the two that I mentioned are the best ad blockers I know.
I have used both and among the two, I would prefer Ghostery over the other one.

I never heard of ublock origin and decided to try it. The funny thing is that I was experiencing the same issue as OP and once I installed uBlock, the issue went away. No more white space with skip ad. It goes straight to video. My 3 extensions are adblock plus, noscript and ublock origin. Probably overkill but that is me.

I never heard of ublock origin and decided to try it. The funny thing is that I was experiencing the same issue as OP and once I installed uBlock, the issue went away. No more white space with skip ad. It goes straight to video. My 3 extensions are adblock plus, noscript and ublock origin. Probably overkill but that is me.
Another large vote here for ublock Origin. Make sure you get the right one. The imposter ublock is junk.

One of the better things about ublocvk origin is you can easily turn it off for a domain if needed. Also, pretty good at training it to see ads the various sites use to get around the ad blockers. If I am stuck using google to search no more seeing the advertised listing only the search! Works pretty good with killing those flash enabled ads to.

Back