Adaptive V-sync

ZodaEX

Supreme [H]ardness
Nvidia adaptive V-sync is such a nice feature to have for gaming. Do you think AMD will ever implement their own version of this?

Isn't Amd's version called enhanced sync?

No, not at all. Enhanced sync is a rip-off of Nvidia's Fast Sync. And it makes you GPU run at full load. You also need an extremely high framerate for it to work effectively.

Nvidia adaptive V-sync is such a nice feature to have for gaming. Do you think AMD will ever implement their own version of this?
Yeah, despite running 60-75 fps on crts using sync off for nearly two decades , and having a 1ms tn to replace it (same smoothness) I still don't understand why people are up-in-arms over a few ms latency difference turning this fast triple buffering on!

Fast Sync works fine in every twitch fps I've play, and getting that from AMD requires me to buy a monitor with 2x that fps range (plus deal with all the corner-case bugs in adaptive sync)

Last edited:
There are a number of games that support this themselves, under different names (like soft vsync).

In any case, it's becoming less relevant with pretty much every new monitor supporting FreeSync (or GSync).

There are a number of games that support this themselves, under different names (like soft vsync).

In any case, it's becoming less relevant with pretty much every new monitor supporting FreeSync (or GSync).

I use a TV on my PC and a backup AMD gpu so I'm screwed. :(

I loved using Adaptive V-Sync, but unfortunately it seems broken when a game runs in a Borderless Window, as opposed to traditional Fullscreen.

Back