Ad causing a page load

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
This ad is causing a page load and makes you hit the back button twice to go back.
This started this morning.

hard-forum-ad.jpg

I will watch for this. I get Dodge ads all the time and will check this next time I see one.

That said, I need the URL it resolves to in order to block it.

Let me see if I can get it to reproduce. What browser and version?

Firefox 55.0.3 (64-bit)

I just tested Chrome and it doesn't do it.

I tested another machine with Firefox 56.0 (64-bit) and it does it as well with that Dodge Ram ad. strange.

Last edited:
Can you see if it does it with Firefox 57? It is a hell of a lot faster with that version too.

Yep, does it with 57 as well.
It appears to be only that Dodge ad that does it. Haven't noticed the issue with other ads.

Yep, does it with 57 as well.
It appears to be only that Dodge ad that does it. Haven't noticed the issue with other ads.
Honestly, I do not want to block the Dodge ads as they actually get clicked on and make a couple bucks every month. If I block one, I have to block all of them.

Just noticed something else, if you go back, and that ad loads, you can no longer go forward since the ad does a double page load.
did a screen cap so you can see what it's doing,

If the ad is making money, I wouldn't worry about it. Was just letting you know about the issue with this particular ad.

Last edited:
That is really odd. I have gone to RamTrucks three times today trying to get it to load.

Maybe go to Ford and see if the Dodge one loads up. I was at the Ford site a few times yesterday when the Dodge ad started showing up.

If I had the cash I'd be rocking this bad boy,
2018-Raptor.jpg

Back