Acer XB321HK or Benq PD3200U for Photo Editing first..gaming far second…

LGabrielPhoto

2[H]4U
Ok so I am trying to upgrade from my current Sony 43X800D mainly because I feel a monitor will give me more accurate colors with less variations across the screen compared to my Sony panel which any slight movement of my head shows color changes and some weird vertical "columns"on white backgrounds.
Anyways, my main thing is photo editing so I guess that pushes me towards the BenQ but I wouldnt mind having the Acer if the photo editing quality is the same while having gsync for my 980ti

(PS 32" is the absolute minimum size I want and no ultra wides thus my two choices above).

Thanks!

Stay FAR away from the Acer XB321HK. It's documented as having a design flaw that makes the screen flicker randomly, and Acer refuses to acknowledge the problem. There's a huge thread on their forums full of angry owners. Acer is so shitty and underhanded that they deleted 21 pages of comments in the thread below. I would never buy a monitor from those guys. They don't stand behind their products.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/441879/xb321hk-weird-artifact

I'm looking at the same BenQ as you are OP (also for photo editing), and it doesn't seem like there's a lot of competition below $1000 with specs that will interest me. The only other one that comes close is the NEC EA275UHD-BK, but it's 27". Everything else I've looked at, photography wise, is above $1k and that's more than I'm willing to spend.

There's also the LG 32UD59-B, and I've had a good experience with LG panels in the past... just haven't read anything on this one yet.

I just ordered today and will get it on Wednesday to see how it compares to my Sony. I hope that moving closer to it, I can compensate for the size difference. I think the foot print reduction will be nice since I have a couple of 24" side monitors that barely fit lol

The Acer uses a very old panel and design, well old relative to 2017. It's the earliest iteration of 32" 4k.

Back