Acer 27in B6 B276HUL YMIIDPRZ 2560x1440

UMtech84

Weaksauce
I came across this Acer monitor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009553 during my search for an affordable NON-Korean 27in 2560x1440 monitor. After some preliminary google searches I have come up empty in regards to finding any sort of reviews for this monitor. The only articles I have found on it are from earlier this year stating that this monitor and few newer models were going to be coming out. So, I was wondering if anyone on here knows anything about this monitor or has perhaps come across a review or 2 for it in a foreign language that I could throw at google translate?

It seems pretty decent at the $550 price point with a 3-year warranty, however I'm not really familiar with how good Acer's monitor warranty really is. I would be appreciative if someone could shed some light on that as well. I'm thinking that if this monitor turns out to be a dud that I'll probably end up going with the U2713HM whenever it goes on sale again. I know the U2713HM have had their share "growing pains" :eek: but Dell's warranty on their Ultrasharp monitors is pretty good.

Had a couple of Acers (out of a couple hundred) go bad. Warranty has been pretty decent.

Just got a Crossover 27QD... Very nice. Now I'm waiting on a QNIX QX2710 to get here to compare. The crossover was $308... Purchased on Thursday afternoon, received it Monday morning... amazing.

Last edited:
I just got the Viewsonic VP2770 today. Its phenomenonal. It replaced my 22" Acer P223W that had I for around 6 years. I didn't have any problems with it, but I haven't always heard the best things about Acer otherwise.

This was yesterday and its 48h only

DELL Dell UltraSharp U2713HM Black & Silver 27" 8ms (GTG) IPS-Panel HDMI Widescreen LED Monitor 350 cd/m2 DCR 2,000,000:1 (1000:1)
27" IPS
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM Black & Silver 27" 8ms (GTG) IPS-Panel HDMI Widescreen LED Monitor 350 cd/m2 DCR 2,000,000:1 (1000:1)
$799.99
Your Price: $549.99
With Promo Code
EMCYTZT3899
Shop Now

I bought it to just see...its going back. Never had to many monitors where I could just TOUCH IT and blacklight bleed would show up or go way that easy. To me..its is very cheaply made. The stand is sold but you can twist the screen very easily.

Its IPS and has that wonderful glow. Not bad but..I think you would be happier with a Korean one and thats sad right there.

My first Acer monitor was a B233HUbmidhz. I bought it for the hard-to-find resolution (2048x1152) and unique mount. It had a faint humming noise but it was drowned out by the droning of the intake fans on my Raven 2 case (called APs- short for Air Penetrators). Other issues were the power button seemed to be unresponsive at times and an odd OSD menu. So I had to live with the compromises for three years and until this past week, I found a pretty good deal on Newegg for the B276HUL.

After using it for a few minutes, the humming and whining noises reared its ugly head again. Much louder than my existing Acer 233HU. It was intrusive and the APs couldn't drown out the noise that this monitor was producing.

Sent it back for replacement b/c of whining/buzzing noise coming from the top of panel when viewing text documents or text-heavy webpages with white backgrounds (and would get progressively worse). Acer says this is definitely a hardware issue. I noticed that by pressing inward on the middle portion of the upper front bezel, the noise goes away. Questionable build quality and QC in this segment of 1440p monitors.

Some sources say that this monitor uses an AU Optronics AHVA panel. This may be true since I observed some hue shift when viewed at an angle (at less than 178 degrees). Gamma is quite mediocre if I'm honest.

So with my limited experience with leaky panels, Acer, like Dell, can be a hit or miss when it comes to build quality. I wouldn't take my chances on sending a new monitor for repair. I would rather play musical chairs with RMAs.

Last edited:
Update:

Got another B276HUL and it too audibly buzzes when viewing text on white backgrounds. Gap between top of the screen and bezel allows the buzzing noise to leak. Sent it back for a refund. This would have been a keeper were it not for the buzzing.

I guess I'll have to wait until my current TN CCF back-lit monitor stops working.

Last edited:
Back