A64 mobo help

Rev. Night

[H]ard|Gawd
I am looking to get a a64 system, (3500+, 1 gig ddrxxx), and i was wondering what the community likes as a good board. what are the cheaper ones? i do absolulty nothing with my boards, i just need them to function. i don't like paying extra for boards that come with raid, onboard audio, firewire ie114 or something, and other crap. i just want it to it be:

Socket 939
Stable
Be in the 40-80 percentile of speed pack (i'll be damned if i'll pay extra $$ just b.c some benchmark says its faster when i can't tell the difference)
Can do duel-channel DDR-400
Integrated Lan
2-3 USB 2.0

That's really all i can think of that i need in a board. anything else is a waste of money and i won't use

I have an msi neo2 platinum and wouldn't recommend it, but some people have good results. Abit is nice as is asus.

I have the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum and I would recommend it. It was easy to set up, has been stable, and is fast.

You just have to be aware that the NF3 chipset is finicky with RAM.

i'll prob. end up going with the abit av8. anything wrong about that? the anandtech review put it in the middle of the pack. However, considering how little delta there is between the boards, its about equal in gaming to the others.

Back