980pro2tb vs WDSN850X4tb CrystalDiskMark8 benches & temps

xDiVolatilX

2[H]4U
980pro2tb vs WDSN850X4tb CrystalDiskMark8 benches & temps. Just ran it 3 times in a row back to back if anyone is interested here's the results.
IMG_20221217_200627222.jpg

The top is 980pro2tb
The bottom is WDSN850X4tb
Similar performance a little here for one a little there for the other. Imo the WD drive is faster.
Temperatures are similar with a slight edge going to the Sammy by about an average of 3 degrees hotter for the WD. Possibly because the WD has 4tb with the 4 modules on both sides whereas the Sammy only has 2tb with only 2 modules on one side. This is my theory as to why it is a few degrees cooler my guess is the added memory warms it up just a bit more, more hardware equals more heat. Just my thoughts.
Both fantastic NVMe drives I love them both.

Was thinking of waiting for the 990 pro 4TB but sounds like performance will be similar to the WD.

I just ordered 2tb SN850X, good to know! I may swap it in place of the 980pro and put the 980pro in the PS5. Good stuff!

Was thinking of waiting for the 990 pro 4TB but sounds like performance will be similar to the WD.
Good call! I was going to wait also but no good reason to. The 980 Pro is a damn good drive. Had tens of thousands of 5 star reviews.

I just ordered 2tb SN850X, good to know! I may swap it in place of the 980pro and put the 980pro in the PS5. Good stuff!
I couldn't decide which one to use, so I just installed both in the the Z790 Aorus Master which has 5 m.2 slots lol. I will never ever worry about "having enough space" for the rest of my entire life prolly lmao I have 6tb of the fastest nvme storage boy does it feel gud lol

I couldn't decide which one to use, so I just installed both in the the Z790 Aorus Master which has 5 m.2 slots lol. I will never ever worry about "having enough space" for the rest of my entire life prolly lmao I have 6tb of the fastest nvme storage boy does it feel gud lol
lol that is so awesome, good for you and what a solid upgrade too. Yes these NVME slots are lovely lol.

lol that is so awesome, good for you and what a solid upgrade too. Yes these NVME slots are lovely lol.
Come and join me and do it too! You won't need another driver ever again lol have a main drive and a game drive. A little overkill will go a long way lol games are getting larger and larger too. Just trying to push you over the edge jk lol

Come and join me and do it too! You won't need another driver ever again lol have a main drive and a game drive. A little overkill will go a long way lol games are getting larger and larger too. Just trying to push you over the edge jk lol
You know I try not to go above 2TB per drive to prevent toooooooo much stuff or mindless games from being installed lol. Yeah game installs are ever freakin growing but it helps control the game hop syndrome and I try to beat one or 2 games at a time.

Back