$85 - Noctua NH-D15 SSO2 D-Type CPU Air Cooler w/ 2x NF-A15 PWM Fans

I have this cpu cooler (although due to case restraints I swapped out the 150mm fans and used 2xNoctua A12x25s instead). With these fans, its silent up to around 50-60%, and it keeps my delidded I7-6700K OC to [email protected] cooled rarely above 70C at full load.

Love this cooler. $85 is a great price

I have this cpu cooler (although due to case restraints I swapped out the 150mm fans and used 2xNoctua A12x25s instead). With these fans, its silent up to around 50-60%, and it keeps my delidded I7-6700K OC to [email protected] cooled rarely above 70C at full load.

Love this cooler. $85 is a great price
Sames ones I'm using on mine & same processor too :)

what does the 'SSO2 D-Type' signify?...is it better then the standard NH-D15?

what does the 'SSO2 D-Type' signify?...is it better then the standard NH-D15?
The type of fan/bearing used. It boils down to the name for technologies Noctua uses for their fans.

"

SSO2 Bearing​

The NF-A15 features the further optimised second generation of Noctua's renowned, time-tested SSO bearing. With SSO2, the rear magnet is placed closer to the axis to provide even better stabilisation, precision and durability."

I bought that back in 2019, it took the place of my closed loop, handles my 9700k @ 5GHz with no issues

I bought that back in 2019, it took the place of my closed loop, handles my 9700k @ 5GHz with no issues

I used a d15s on my 7940x (not delidded). Was good up until about 280 watts.

Reactions: Don_1
like this
The best Air Cooler money can buy. I've been using it for years now. It's damn good!

One thing to note though, Newegg has two different models of this one comes with the standard mounting and another with the AM4 mounting.
https://www.newegg.com/noctua-nh-d15-se-am4/p/13C-0005-00111?Description=Noctua NH-D15 AM4&cm_re=Noctua_NH-D15 AM4-_-9SIAADY5BC1607-_-Product

But if you purchase the one listed by OP and contact Noctua with your purchase, they should send you an AM4 mounting kit for free.

As of Feb 2020, Noctua includes the AM4 brackets with all their heatsinks. Pretty hard to find an old stock NH-D15 that wouldn't have it.

https://techreport.com/news/34477/a...now-include-mounting-hardware-for-socket-am4/

I have a DH15S and they are the best air cooler but I think the newest chips with an O/C are too much for them...

Back