775 motherboard bios mod boot nvme

Not sure. I still have a Asrock Z77 that I use as an office PC and it got NVME boot support officially a few years ago.

Shit like that's why people love Asrock.

Whats the cool part? Pcie ssds have been around for quite awhile so any nvme drive with a adapter should have a nvme controller that allowes this

Whats the cool part? Pcie ssds have been around for quite awhile so any nvme drive with a adapter should have a nvme controller that allowes this

They need a compatible BIOS to use as a boot drive. Otherwise you need to boot to a non-NVME drive and either use the NVME as storage, or you can boot a lightweight OS that will load up the software to load NVME support and then reboot off the NVME drive.

They need a compatible BIOS to use as a boot drive. Otherwise you need to boot to a non-NVME drive and either use the NVME as storage, or you can boot a lightweight OS that will load up the software to load NVME support and then reboot off the NVME drive.
I've seen such bios on ancient systems. As said pcie sads have been around for a long time and before that any computer that could use a raid controller had a decent chance of being able to run a pcie nvme drive. For example a old socket 604 system and countless 1366 rigs all worked for me

Clover is one of those boot systems to bypass older system incompatibilities.

Also some nvme drives like samsung and similar had legacy boot capabilities. But they're hard to find in any good capacity.

Reactions: Axman
like this
Back