6x nVidia GeForce FX 5800 Ultras

erek

[H]F Junkie
Collected my 6th nVidia GeForce FX 5800 Ultra. Anyone got anymore of these for sale?

( Two more were added to the 4 seen here: see, https://hardforum.com/threads/6x-nvidia-geforce-fx-5800-ultras.1999578/post-1045241621 )

untitled.png

Last edited:
The more you buy the more you save?
i wish, theoretically that last one cost me a lot more than all the others even though it was a trade...

traded a dodgy Quantum3D Mercury Brick but all 4 of the individual 200SBis work well on their own

each 200SBi is worth potentially 800 USD ... i paod 1700 USD for the Brick

but it's out of my range to get it working fully, and i love the FX 5800 U... so the appreciation for each goes to the more respective people and their passions even though it was a potentially bad trade monetarily... maybe

there was an example of a FX 5800 U selling for well over 2000 USD at the peak though

I would say throw one my way, but I havent had an AGP system in probably 15 years now.

Reactions: erek
like this
Some people have weird hobbies, heh.
It's not like a 72 Mustang which is still pretty cool today.
I mean, it's not much faster than Intel HD 630, which is an integrated GPU, so I see this as obsolete technology :p:censored:

I mean, it's not much faster than Intel HD 630, which is an integrated GPU, so I see this as obsolete technology :p:censored:

It's historically relevant and pretty cool in the same sense that an old video game console is cool.

i mean in that same context a 72 mustang is just as obsolete when there's 1.6L 4 cylinders that have more horse power from the factory, better gas mileage and used in econo cars that can take corners without feeling like you're on a dingy in the middle of the hurricane.. ;)

so... it's exactly like a 72 mustang, lol.

i mean in that same context a 72 mustang is just as obsolete when there's 1.6L 4 cylinders that have more horse power from the factory, better gas mileage and used in econo cars that can take corners without feeling like you're on a dingy in the middle of the hurricane.. ;)

so... it's exactly like a 72 mustang, lol.
72 mustang definitely looks better, and that's part of the appeal here:

1) most aesthetically appealing card of all time (green shroud)

2) infamous / history / hype / height of enthusiasm and discussion ... so much so it was covered with a full spread cover model

3) rarity

Two more added to the collection:

(this one is an Engineering Sample that came from a famous chinese collector. https://www.heatware.com/evals/view/748316 "Very satisfied with the exchange, so that my Intel graphics card collection is perfect, especially thanks to erek! Please enjoy: http://yjfy.com/collection/collection-0020.htm ")

Traded Larrabee for it. ""The A2 revisions have a small PCB design flaw, so no slot bracket fits on the card. My A2-48 therefore also has no slot bracket.""

The card was loud as shit but still played every game at max settings that I threw at it.

like this
hmm assuming the die isnt aluminum liquid metal that copper block lol, i may havea 5800 in my collection ill take a look soon as im back to civilization.

like this
I used to have the msi nbox 5900Ultra, it was a box with lots of goodies inside. It was a great looking card, all copper on the front, but it performed poorly compared to radeons best card at that time, but along came my 6800gt and for price v performance, it was a much better buy than the 6800ultra, I had a gainward golden sample card and at the push of one button it overclocked the card way past 6800Ultra speeds and it was stable at those speeds for a couple of years until I got 2 sli 7800gtx’s, which then got trumped by a single 8800gtx.

Nbox Goodies

like this
They were so intersting to look at. Like an aquarium and just as useful for gaming :D
Enjoy your collecting. These cards were quite unique and remind me of the big-fin cars of the 50's-60's

like this
wow, had no idea. The very first video card I bought with my own money was a Winfast FX 5800 Ultra. I wouldnt mind having the card back as a "this is where i started" but no way id drop real money on it.

Back