6950 fan going crazy

jojo69

[H]F Junkie
card has been a trooper, mined when that made sense and has been folding of late

seriously, the thing has been running flat out for about 2.5 years, so I can't complain, but this morning I come down and the fan is pulsing to 100% and CCC says it is 105C!

I feel the card and its exhaust and it is not, not anywhere near 105, the card is cool, but it is throttling itself and the fan is going crazy.

The CPU will finish its current folding unit in a couple hours here and I'll shut down and have a look at the card's TIM situation, but the way it came on suddenly I kind of doubt it is a simple mechanical issue.

Any ideas folks?

it's not the fan, the card thinks its 105C and its not, the card is cold

you will have first to remove the card and check the cooler contact before we made any guess, the first thought even with a bad TIM the card will not reach that insane amount of temp, so the only think i guess its possible its a bad contact, its not loose the heatsink?.

pulled the sink and redid the TIM and thermal pads, cleaned the sink and fan real good

back in the system it booted up perfect...until I put a test load on it whereupon BSOD

rebooting from that artifacts like an 8bit video game

in the oven it goes

2ewhdt4.jpg

14 hours full load

:D

Back