6 years later a upgrade. Questions:

Epyon

[H]ard|Gawd
ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming X370
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Full size ATX
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB NVMe PCI-Express 3.0
G.Skill Fortis Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 Model F4-2133C15D-32GFT
Corsair Obsidian Series Mini-ITX Computer Case ATX (not included) Power Supply
Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4 premium-grade low-profile CPU cooler for AMD AM4
Radeon pro WX 5100 8gb Workstation card

The case takes a full size ATX PS so i got that. All parts ordered $1691 to my door. Do you guys see anything that I missed? I think i will have to go to frys for some Cpu past unless the mother board or cpu comes with some but other then that do i need to order any tools to put it together?

This will replace a 6 year old Dell M4700 that has a Cinebench score of 647 lol

upload_2017-7-29_9-49-10.png

comes with TIM but you might want to go bigger if you can(up to 95mm) or aio. an 1800x might push that NH to its limit @ 95w... maybe faster RAM too.

*Can't i swap out the fan for another 92mm fan that spins faster? What should I buy?
*Keyshot only uses Cpu cores to render so memory speed is not to important but i will look into it
*Corse Air says they are good for 5 years but I am not sure i like buying something like AIO water coolers when I am going to have my PC doing Keyshot renders at full load for like 14-21 days straight while I am offshore.

with a better fan and no OC the nh should be ok. not sure what else is bigger/better, its slim pickins. as for aio ive had no issues with modern units but its down to personal preference I guess. if you have room maybe even one of the new ek aluminum kits would be good. that way you can change the pump if/when it dies and they are looking like a really good bang for buck. if you are able to get past the alu, some people cant...

Back