6 RTX 3080 (LHR) INNO3D, help to build a Rig.

Hello guys, I’m new here, thanks for receiving me :)
I need your help to build a mining rig, actually I only have the cards, and I have the intention to acquire the rest with your help, because I don’t understand a lot of this. The intention is to mine Eth and ADA.

I’m thinking to acquire this hardware:
Motherboard - Asus Prime Z390-P

PSU - Corsair AX Series AX1600

RAM - Vengeance RGB RT 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200 MHz C16

SSD - Western Digital 1TB SSD

Processor - Intel i5-8400 Processor

PCIe Riser - Ubit 6 Pack PCIe Riser

Mining Frame - Vedha Open Mining Frame

What do you think? Did I miss something?

About the PSU, do you think it will be enough?

Thank you in advance, I really need your help.

You're definitely going to have to watch the power draw of the GPUs or else you'll run out of power. You're basically looking at sub 230W per card. I don't have a 3080 right now to tell you whether or not that's feasible.

You're definitely going to have to watch the power draw of the GPUs or else you'll run out of power. You're basically looking at sub 230W per card. I don't have a 3080 right now to tell you whether or not that's feasible.
Thank you kirbyrj.

And about this one: EVGA Supernova 2000 G1+ 2000W Modular Power Supply 80 Plus Gold ?

What do you think about the rest?

Thank you :)

I don't think you need that much RAM, that big of an SSD, or that much CPU for a pure mining rig. I don't know the specifics about that motherboard to know if you can use all 6 PCIe slots at the same time. You'd have to check the manual.

That new PSU would give you more headroom.

I don't think you need that much RAM, that big of an SSD, or that much CPU for a pure mining rig. I don't know the specifics about that motherboard to know if you can use all 6 PCIe slots at the same time. You'd have to check the manual.

That new PSU would give you more headroom.
Thank you again kirbyrj. :)

You’re right, I think it only have 2xPCIe.

And about the B250 mining expert: Intel LGA-1151 ATX mining motherboard with 19 PCIe slots, Triple-ATX12V power delivery, voltage-stabilization capacitors, and mining mode design.

It’s really hard to find that one.

Do you think it will be a better choice?

Thank you again kirbyrj. :)

You’re right, I think it only have 2xPCIe.

And about the B250 mining expert: Intel LGA-1151 ATX mining motherboard with 19 PCIe slots, Triple-ATX12V power delivery, voltage-stabilization capacitors, and mining mode design.

It’s really hard to find that one.

Do you think it will be a better choice?

I'm not saying that the other board wouldn't work. I'm just saying check it to see that you can use all 6 PCIe connections at the same time. With the risers, it shouldn't matter if you only have 2xPCIe x16 slots.

My 3080 FTW3 non-LHR is at 202 Watts with Nicehash.

Thank you kirbyrj.

And about this one: EVGA Supernova 2000 G1+ 2000W Modular Power Supply 80 Plus Gold ?

What do you think about the rest?

Are you on 240v? That psu requires it. Based on you having inno3d cards I assume you are but worth asking.

Last edited:
Thank you all for helping me :)
Yes, I’m in Europe, France.

I though 6 rtx 3080 each one +/- 220w - 230w, more 330w for the rest, I think 1600W it will be on the limit, I’m afraid to burn them. But I didn’t find too many options, and everything is without stock.

The rest (with the B250), what do you think, do you agree ?

What do you think about the: Silverstone - HELA 2050W Platinum ?

Last edited:
Try this video from red panda mining, around 9:16 timestamp

He uses B460M motherboard with PCIE to usb splitter to get 6 gpus running on that board. All you need is pentium series, not the high-end cpu.

Max you will be doing is around 70-72 mh/s on each card at 210-230w depending on tuning, not bad but definitely room for improvement, die LHR lock die.

Try this video from red panda mining, around 9:16 timestamp

He uses B460M motherboard with PCIE to usb splitter to get 6 gpus running on that board. All you need is pentium series, not the high-end cpu.

Its perfect, but I want something more simple, different, I think I’ll be with the Asus B250 and the Supernova.
What do you think about the CPU?
Do you know other frames?

I really appreciate your help :)

Just to echo the others...

Way more ram than you need. One 8gb stick is good. The SSD is more than you need.

The cpu is also more than you need. Figure out the mobo first, then get a processor that fits. I have used a couple msi b550 pro max boards with an m2 adapter and have had seven cards. HOWEVER, there seems to be some incompatibility with b450, nvidia 3000s and hiveos.

Last, I didn't think ada was a pow coin. I believe it is pos.

Just to echo the others...

Way more ram than you need. One 8gb stick is good. The SSD is more than you need.

The cpu is also more than you need. Figure out the mobo first, then get a processor that fits. I have used a couple msi b550 pro max boards with an m2 adapter and have had seven cards. HOWEVER, there seems to be some incompatibility with b450, nvidia 3000s and hiveos.

Last, I didn't think ada was a pow coin. I believe it is pos.
Well… I didn’t found the B250 mining expert, I bought the Biostar TB360-BTC PRO 2.0….
What do you think ?

Well… I didn’t found the B250 mining expert, I bought the Biostar TB360-BTC PRO 2.0….
What do you think ?
How much was it? Since you're only running 6 GPUs you could've gone with a cheaper motherboard / CPU combo but I guess that board will give you room to expand (assuming you add additional power supplies).

Back