6 GHz Intel Core Out-of-the-Box Demo

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Intel has announced that its newest unreleased chips will run 6GHz out-of-the-box. Enjoy!

1673386361047.png

We haven't been shy in mentioning an upcoming Intel processor hitting 6 GHz out-of-the-box -- without the need of being overclocked. To see it for ourselves, we caught up with Jason Xie, a technical marketing engineer at Intel, in his lab where he ran a quick demo of said processor, confirming all the chatter.

Well they finally did it! Back in 2004 when Intel sprinted up to the 4.0 GHz barrier by basically doubling in speed every year up to that point, I am sure that nobody thought it would take 20 years to see the 6.0 GHz barrier broken.

Poor AMD hahah.

I guess this is what I meant in my last post in another thread when I said that Intel has some "incredibly advanced, sophisticated technology."
Yup. Intel was wide awake this entire time, fuming furiously at AMD, and look at what they've got now.

Of course, I'll be even more ecstatic to see if this refers to a stable clockspeed, and not just some bursty thing.
But even if it IS bursty, it's still pretty darn cool, and I imagine whatever comes next, in terms of 14th generation, will be beyond our modern comprehension.

Poor AMD hahah.

I guess this is what I meant in my last post in another thread when I said that Intel has some "incredibly advanced, sophisticated technology."
Yup. Intel was wide awake this entire time, fuming furiously at AMD, and look at what they've got now.

Of course, I'll be even more ecstatic to see if this refers to a stable clockspeed, and not just some bursty thing.
But even if it IS bursty, it's still pretty darn cool, and I imagine whatever comes next, in terms of 14th generation, will be beyond our modern comprehension.
That thing will be sucking over 320 watts... no thanks... I rather buy a 7950x3d.

"incredibly advanced, sophisticated technology."
To be honest both AMD and Intel have "incredibly advanced, sophisticated technology."

It’s good to have hard choices as a consumer.

Still can’t get over billions of switches (transistors) flipping billions of times a second for a few hundred bucks. What a time to be alive.

Also, to me, single thread still basically reigns king (fps lows, loading times) so let the best company win…

To be honest both AMD and Intel have "incredibly advanced, sophisticated technology."

It’s good to have hard choices as a consumer.

Still can’t get over billions of switches (transistors) flipping billions of times a second for a few hundred bucks. What a time to be alive.

Also, to me, single thread still basically reigns king (fps lows, loading times) so let the best company win…
But also a good motherboard to house it.

😉

Yikes.....that's a lotta watts drawn to hit 6ghz......*UPDATED: I'm an idiot, mis-read comment above. Ignore.

Last edited:
The current Intel 13900K has single boost clocks of around 5.8GHZ so hitting 6GHZ on 1 or 2 P cores isn't that impressive. I'd be more impressed if they can hit 6GHZ on all P cores with reasonable thermals.
The thing I'm interested in is if it can do higher clocks on all cores at a lower voltage. I can't wait to see it in all core load. I may need to buy one to test it to see how well it undervolts. Although I may be stuck with it because I don't think you can return processors right? That plus to uninstall it from the loop is a pain in the neck lol.

13900k is drawing near 300w at stock under all core loads so this is most certainly going to be higher.
Yea but what if I turn off 8 or 12 e cores since I don't do any productivity work and only want the best gaming performance? Wouldn't the power draw drop?

Yea but what if I turn off 8 or 12 e cores since I don't do any productivity work and only want the best gaming performance? Wouldn't the power draw drop?
Sure, but those cores less power than the p cores, so you're targetting an area that's not ripe for improvement. (a quick search found an article on chipsandcheese.com that says the e cores lose efficiency at around 3.2GHz relative to the p cores--much above that they draw a lot more power (and the article notes the default max turbo is well past that point.) From the article it looks like below 3GHz the e cores only use about 3-4W, if I didn't misunderstand.

So Steve from hardware unboxed is talking trash about the chip the entire video, I could understand that. But what I am most interested in is the binned silicon which could sustain a higher all core clock with lower voltages, I am entertaining the CPU but not entirely sure if I will take the plunge. I also believe that it will be cooler than a normal 13900k because of its binned chip it's basically just a l
better 13900k Steve didn't mention anything we didn't already know, and also confirmed what I suspected.

If the 13900KS is Intel's answer to the 3D vcache chips AMD's releasing next month it's GGs. AMD will hold the gaming performance crown until Meteorlake launches later this year.
Not really interested in AMD. I just want to maximize my Aorus Master Z790 build.

LOL, I might start looking on my local Craigslist for some useless/hot 13900K's soon ;)

It boggles my mind paying all that extra money over the 13700k(f) and then wanting to disable e-cores. Just buy a 13700KF and overclock it if you're going to do that. I bet I could get 6 Ghz on 1-2 of my P cores right now just like the 13900ks.

I bought the 13900KS. Was 729 but I had a Christmas present gift card to newegg for 100 that I saved for this plus my wife bought me my Z790 Aorus Master for Christmas also. So I'm more than happy right now. I'll make a new thread when it comes in and I install it. I'll be pairing it with 64gb ddr5 6000 C32 Z5 ram until I upgrade to 8000 later on.

I'm coming from a 12700kf which is going to be installed into my secondary rig after I complete my new main build which will receive the 6000 ram with it when I get the 64gb 8000 ram for the main build.

It boggles my mind paying all that extra money over the 13700k(f) and then wanting to disable e-cores. Just buy a 13700KF and overclock it if you're going to do that. I bet I could get 6 Ghz on 1-2 of my P cores right now just like the 13900ks.
I want the binned silicon. Kind of a snob about it. I want to find a good sweet spot for voltage/clocks/temps as I hate additional heat in my PC room as I have 3 radiators for overkill cooling.

The funny thing about Hardware Unboxed is that they basically show that the last couple Intel chips are beastly and lead most of their benchmarks only to downplay literally everything as though it doesn't matter. Not just explanations with caveats, but it sounds almost like spite. On the AMD side, it's the exact opposite. I'm probably going to end up with a new AMD setup really soon, but I still find their hatred of Intel kind of laughable. At least most of the other major reviewers give some level of credit where it's due.

I'll give you tree fiddy for your worthless old 13900k that runs hot and is practically useless.
I'm coming from a 12-700 kf, so the bump up increase should be pretty substantial for voltage clock speed and temperature.
Plus I got the 12700 KF only $250 6 months ago so it's going to be a very nice upgrade to my secondary rig.

The funny thing about Hardware Unboxed is that they basically show that the last couple Intel chips are beastly and lead most of their benchmarks only to downplay literally everything as though it doesn't matter. Not just explanations with caveats, but it sounds almost like spite. On the AMD side, it's the exact opposite. I'm probably going to end up with a new AMD setup really soon, but I still find their hatred of Intel kind of laughable. At least most of the other major reviewers give some level of credit where it's due.
It's the power draw. It wins like half, some of them by slim margins then you look at the power and it's in another planet compared to the AMD chips. That's why. If the power draw was comparable then I see no problem with the chip but cooling an extra 100 - 150 watts of power is not easy.

I was going to say, I hope you have a beefy custom H2O loop for that. :)
Lol yah 3 Alphacool all copper rads with the new EK Quantum Velocity 2 cpu block I'm ready to go!

I guess there is a Newegg here in Cali because It's saying it is shipped and expected to be delivered on January 13th which is tomorrow. Let's see😀

Yah Steve makes me cringe when watching his reviews I ignore most of his bullshit and just get the info I'm after if Nexus doesn't have it up yet. I prefer Tim's presentations much more. Either one of the unboxed presenters are very opinionated. Not as much as Steve from Gamers Nexus, although his are the most thorough so I appreciate his reviews the most.

Back