5950X Noob - Speeds and Temps Under Load

sk3tch

2[H]4U
Hi all,

Just running AIDA64 system stability test (CPU/FPU/Cache only) and seeing 4.3 GHz across all cores and temps of around 85 C (climbed over time from 81 C). I have PBO on (but not FMAX or whatever the ASUS thing is) and I'm running on a Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) with the latest BIOS (3204) with a 360mm AIO and Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut...

All looking good? First AMD rig.

Thanks

5950x2.PNG
5950x1.PNG

I see about the same on my 5950x. 85C, 4400mhz effective, 2x 360 rad loop. You might be able to get slightly higher clocks if you fiddle with the PBO settings

45-60 C real world.

Question is - is everything normal? This PBO stuff is new to me. I know AMD clocks up to higher temps to get more MHz.

yes. basically turn pbo on, maybe lower cpu voltage a bit and thats about it.

I get similar temps but higher clocks using curve optimizer. I hit around 4.6ghz all core and peaks of 5.1 (4.95 continuous) on single core loads with temps hitting around 85C max. Corsair 240mm AIO with TG kryonaut. I have PBO set to board limits, +125 clock boost, all cores set to -30 except the 4 best (2 on each CCX), which are set to -20 in curve optimizer.

I get similar temps but higher clocks using curve optimizer. I hit around 4.6ghz all core and peaks of 5.1 (4.95 continuous) on single core loads with temps hitting around 85C max. Corsair 240mm AIO with TG kryonaut. I have PBO set to board limits, +125 clock boost, all cores set to -30 except the 4 best (2 on each CCX), which are set to -20 in curve optimizer.
Thank you! Looks like I have some reading to do on Curve Optimizer. :)

EDIT: I also found this - Ryzen Master - what is the consensus on using this as part of the process of optimizing the curve?

Last edited:
Thank you! Looks like I have some reading to do on Curve Optimizer. :)

EDIT: I also found this - Ryzen Master - what is the consensus on using this as part of the process of optimizing the curve?

As it requires reboots for most of those adjustments, it's more whether you prefer the UI of Ryzen Master or your bios. You will save yourself a few boot cycles by using the bios.

Back