5700XT Driver Issues?

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
Just wondering if you guys think this is driver related or if it's a bad card... Here's what I've been experiencing...

Assassin's Creed Odyssey will randomly crash. I actually can't start the Atlantis DLC because it crashes at the intro everytime. The game itself will have random issues, but generally works...except when it doesn't.

3dmark and various Uniengine benchmarks work fine.

Occasionally Chrome will black out and the Radeon settings won't open requiring a restart.

I'm leaning toward driver issues, but I don't really want to NOT play AC:O's DLC until they sort out their issues...

Are you using MSI Afterburner?

I was getting black flashes on the screen if Afterburner was running.

There may be other incompatibilities. Maybe try closing/disabling it if you use it.

The UE stuttering seems a bit odd, I mean that engine has been around for a while and I don't recall any AMD related stutter issues from the past.

My 580 seemed fine with UE when I still used it. /shrug

Typical AMD launch. Crap drivers at the beginning. I wonder why they can't take market share from NV? I wonder why?

Yes cause Nvidia has never had bad drivers on a game. Take your useless post and go back to the Nvidia forum, unless you have actual advice to help the OP.

Nvidia's 'not never' isn't AMD's 'like clockwork'. Having to work through issues following an AMD launch should only be surprising for those with no enthusiast experience.

I'll take a few driver issues that are sorted out soon over having to do multiple RMAs or having my rig literally burst into flames. And let us not speak of Space Invaders, lol.

I'll take a few driver issues that are sorted out soon over having to do multiple RMAs or having my rig literally burst into flames. And let us not speak of Space Invaders, lol.

Yawn, space invaders was only a thing because of the pricing. I never had the issue. Anecdotal shit doesn't count.

Both companies have issues. I don't deny that. However, it seems AMD has shit drivers at the start every time. Pisses me off. Hence the so-called "fine wine" garbage.

Okay can we all agree not to thread crap anymore :). I wanted to give Navi a try. But this is the first time that I bought an AMD card this early in its life cycle. I did have a Radeon VII about a month after launch but I didn't have as many issues.

I'm just trying to make sure that it is definitely the drivers and not a bad card. My concern is that wattman seems to crash whenever I undervolt the card at all. Then it will crash in AC:O at stock speed and voltage. I tried bumping the power limit up a little bit and it didn't help. I don't get artifacts like I would expect if it was a heat issue. Just crashes to the desktop.

Last edited:
Typical old farts coming out to go off-topic. No wonder [H] is dying.

I'm just trying to make sure that it is definitely the drivers and not a bad card. My concern is that wattman seems to crash whenever I undervolt the card at all. Then it will crash in AC:O at stock speed and voltage. I tried bumping the power limit up a little bit and it didn't help. I don't get artifacts like I would expect if it was a heat issue. Just crashes to the desktop.

Just for the sanity check, have you tried turning every bit of software you can off, and if the crashes persist?

Just for the sanity check, have you tried turning every bit of software you can off, and if the crashes persist?

I don't really have much running other than the steam client and Uplay. I will check it again when I get home.

I am also running this on a Zen 2 Chip with a x570 motherboard so it could be any number of things....

I could always swap in a different card just to get past the cutscene and then swap it back in. I haven't really had many issues actually playing the game when it is running at stock. It is just when I exit the program and when it comes out of a cut scene.

VSR doesn't change anything. Same crash. Pretty much every setting I've changed does not fix the issue. Oh well. I'll wait and see what the next driver update brings.

You could try a complete driver wipe and reinstall and see, perhaps something got corrupted. If you think hardware you can try lowering clocks on the gpu and memory. Also if your board is running in pci 4.0 try forcing 3.0

Are you having problems in any other game? Is it possible the bug is just with AC in combination with the new driver?

Meaning that the video card is physically fine and some part of AC bugs out for some reason.

I would say if you are getting crashes across the board, then I would RMA, but for 1 game it can be anything.

Disabling the in game overlay has been helpful for me (make sure you disable it, not just the hotkey)

Back