550W Not Cutting It

• Thread starter Deleted member 109755
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 109755

So I reused a PSU from an older build which was: 7700K, 32 GB RAM, Z270G, 2080TI, 2x NVME's

That PSU was a Corsair 550W HX I believe.. the thing wholesale cuts off after a bit of gaming in the new rig, requires a flip of the switch to get it to reinit and turn on.

The build it's currently in is: AMD 5600X, MERC Speedster 6900XT, 32 GB RAM, 2x Sabrent NVME 1 TB, Asus TUF Gaming B550 PLUS

After a few hours the symptoms above occur. All the components are brand new and tested well except for the PSU, it's of the 2016/2017 era with *lots* of hours on it and I suppose it's time for a new one.

That said: I was looking at a Corsair AX850, a Seasonic Prime 850 or 1000 but all the reviews seem to indicate decline in some level of quality that seems important.

If any of you have a similar build or experience in this matter I'd appreciate input, the various calculators I've used say that 550 is appropriate but it seems not and I don't quite want to get into the range that the system in my signature is running as that would be super overkill.

Thanks, after more research I went with the 850W EVGA G5.. seems Super Flower is an OEM for them anyway? I don't really remember at the moment... in any case, it should be more than ample.

It turned out it was an older Corsair HX750 and it's clearly having some issues, the internal USB connectivity drops out randomly and causes randomw indows noises... this thing is definitely not stable, my new 850W EVGA arrives tomorrow hopefully and we'll see if it stabilizes, after 30 minutes of gaming or so it just completely shuts down still so I'm quite certain it's the PSU.

Interesting but it only happens on the Corsair Power Supply's internal USB header, no other devices including a webcam, mouse, and keyboard on external USB connections have issues.

I'd expect it to happen across all USB if that were the case?

Interesting but it only happens on the Corsair Power Supply's internal USB header, no other devices including a webcam, mouse, and keyboard on external USB connections have issues.

I'd expect it to happen across all USB if that were the case?
I quite frankly haven't looked into it, I just read the blurbs and when I saw your post thought there could have been a relation. I have a 5600X and a B550 and haven't had any issues with the USB thus far.

Back