5000X vs O11 XL Dynamic

shadow2761

Limp Gawd
Looking to go a bigger case than my current 500D SE RGB case, so I can go full custom water loop for the first time.

Aesthetically, I love my current 500D SE RGB, but it gets a bit warm in this case with AIO coolers, that's why I want to go full custom loop in another bigger case, plus just want to try the experience of building a custom loop weather or not it makes my temps better than my AIOs.

What do you guys think woul be better for me out of the 5000X and the O11 XL dynamic for cooling performance and looks. I kind of like the looks of the 5000X better, but am unsure if it is as functional in performance as the O11 XL dynamic is known to be.

But since the O11 XL has been out for a few years and the 5000X is relatively new, I was thinking maybe there is some major improvement or advancement in performance of the latter case over an older gen O11 XL case?

Anyone have experience with those cases and can comment?

I can only speak to the 011 XL, as I currently have that as my case. I bought the EK front panel distro plate/pump when it came out, and have 2 360mm radiators, EK cpu block and byksi block for my 2080ti. I did put 120mm fans in every possible location, so it has 10 in it currently. I like the way it looks, alothough I need to go back in and make some modifications to my loop to get the tubes more parallel, it was my first hardline build so I use that as an excuse for the tubes not being great, lol. I keep the filters clean and dust it regularly as there is quite a bit of dust in my apartment for some reason. I hardly ever see any temps on my 9900kf above 85 measured in HWinfo, and my 2080ti stays under 50 according to afterburner.

Wow, 85°C on water seems a bit high yeah? Or is that normal for those CPUs?

I have a stock 9900K and it barely ever gets past 75°C with a 115i Platinum RGB.

Wow, 85°C on water seems a bit high yeah? Or is that normal for those CPUs?

I have a stock 9900K and it barely ever gets past 75°C with a 115i Platinum RGB.
Thats only on very rare occasions when I'm stressing it, and usually only on a single core does it get that high. Under normal use for me, it's closer to 70 most of the time for the hottest core.

Looking to go a bigger case than my current 500D SE RGB case, so I can go full custom water loop for the first time.

Aesthetically, I love my current 500D SE RGB, but it gets a bit warm in this case with AIO coolers, that's why I want to go full custom loop in another bigger case, plus just want to try the experience of building a custom loop weather or not it makes my temps better than my AIOs.

What do you guys think woul be better for me out of the 5000X and the O11 XL dynamic for cooling performance and looks. I kind of like the looks of the 5000X better, but am unsure if it is as functional in performance as the O11 XL dynamic is known to be.

But since the O11 XL has been out for a few years and the 5000X is relatively new, I was thinking maybe there is some major improvement or advancement in performance of the latter case over an older gen O11 XL case?

Anyone have experience with those cases and can comment?
I have an O11 XL and a 7000D(larger than the 5000 obviously)

I prefer the O11XL. Just my opinion though...

Either works, most of my experience is with the 1000D and the 011 variants. The 011 is easy to build in for custom water - the front distro plate makes it really easy to handle the pump too, or mount to the side 120mm fan mounts (I did this on my normal 011). I'm planning on doing the same before long, as air-cooling my 3960X is ... painful.

Hmm, I like the look of the channelz side water plate made by performance-pcs for the 5000/7000X series cases, but I cannot find a single review or discussion on channelz plate.

Wondering if anyone here would have info on this side plate, how reliable and quality it is?

I have the 011xl also.

If you want a fish tank style watercooling case they are fantastic. Good build quality and laid out well enough that you have several options for watercooling layouts.

It is a really easy case to build a system into.

The one con being they are popular to the point of annoyance.

I did not go the distro plate route, and still found setting up a hard tubing system super easy, assuming you are comfortable making multi bend lines.

I am running two Alphacool rads top and bottom (NexXxus ST30 and UT60 -360s) cooling a 10600k and a 2080Super and can easily keep the water temp at or below 30c, the 2080s at 50c and 10600k around 65-70 under stress.

Back