5000G APU on sale August 5.

Ah fark. the base model 5600g is $260.

that price is way higher than Intel 11500

Yeah, that's a little high; I got a 4650g for $220 on Aliexpress and I assumed $20 of that was the scalping fee.

itd be nice for a itx htpc or i could use in my corsair 1000D as the 2nd pc for a project built.

Not everyone is close to a MC to get a 11600k for $230. I can't actually find a 11500 in stock to buy anywhere right now unless I want to get gouged for $280. Granted this processor isn't available either...

same i have to get family to check mem ex or bestbuy since im not in a area big enough to warrant a actual computer store. how i got my 5950x bro got the call from bestbuy he went bought it shipped to me.

amd knows it can charge these prices in a shortage

the 3400g was $150. 1.5x that should be $225.

this is a 15% premium. Welp AMD did say they would hike prices by up to $50 across the board.

amd knows it can charge these prices in a shortage

the 3400g was $150. 1.5x that should be $225.

this is a 15% premium. Welp AMD did say they would hike prices by up to $50 across the board.

And their own 5600x is $299. You're actually saving money for a similarly performing part and gaining an IGP. Essentially you're trading extra cache for the IGP.

Wait...that long? Will this also be the case for the mobile-style "U" version low voltage APUs/SoC? I've been waiting for the AMD 5800U on a NUC / 4x4 style mobo for a side project and hoped it would be available by now, or at least in June. It is a little frustrating the Zen3 APUs are still using Vega graphics, I admit, regardless - it really seems like they should be RDNA2 at this point. I'm guessing these August APUs will not have that new "stacked" infinity cache upgrade, right? Or PCI-E 4.0 / Thunderbolt 4 support? One thing that is a little frustrating is that there are Intel NUCs that, despite fewer cores and less CPU performance vs an AMD Zen3 , they do seem to have at least comparable if not superior Iris XE graphics but also tons of outputs including USB4 / PCI-E 4.0 / Thunderbolt 4 putting them ahead in that regard. I'd really like to see AMD catch up without waiting another year, at least in some fashion.

any ITX boards out there that already support 5000g series? I have not seen any yet, and I am in the market now - not in august when they launch.

any ITX boards out there that already support 5000g series? I have not seen any yet, and I am in the market now - not in august when they launch.
In theory, I think any x570 board will - we just haven't been able to buy the damned chips.

i have a Asus Strixx gaming itx x570 coming in hopefully today/tomorrow i have a spare 5900x ill toss in and see if it works or if i need to dismantle my htpx and harvest the 3200g i got in there.

support for 5000G is not listed yet on CPU Support page. is there a beta floating around out there already?

My bad. I misread your post. I thought you meant that bios support would be available on launch day but you were buying the board now in anticipation before the requisite bios would theoretically be released. Not that you have the CPU right now and need support now.

GB does usually have some betas out there that are available not on their website in various forums, but documentation is spotty and you're it's hard to say how "beta" the bios is. I wouldn't be surprised if current bioses supported 5XXX APUs right now. OEM's have them available so I'd guess support is already baked into existing AGESA.

https://www.tweaktownforum.com/foru...dors/gigabyte/28656-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios

Looks like you can request the latest bios there.

I'm not normally a gigabyte fan, but the board has been overall solid for me. I ran it with a 5950x for a little while and it worked fine.

My bad. I misread your post. I thought you meant that bios support would be available on launch day but you were buying the board now in anticipation before the requisite bios would theoretically be released. Not that you have the CPU right now and need support now.

GB does usually have some betas out there that are available not on their website in various forums, but documentation is spotty and you're it's hard to say how "beta" the bios is. I wouldn't be surprised if current bioses supported 5XXX APUs right now. OEM's have them available so I'd guess support is already baked into existing AGESA.

https://www.tweaktownforum.com/foru...dors/gigabyte/28656-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios

Looks like you can request the latest bios there.

I'm not normally a gigabyte fan, but the board has been overall solid for me. I ran it with a 5950x for a little while and it worked fine.
yeah - I recognize that asking for support before the chips are released is asking a lot, but I have been burned on "promises" of support in the past. Just not sure I can wait until August to pick up one with "official" support. Thanks for the post.

yeah - I recognize that asking for support before the chips are released is asking a lot, but I have been burned on "promises" of support in the past. Just not sure I can wait until August to pick up one with "official" support. Thanks for the post.
The chips are out there in OEM systems, but I can't find anything saying what version of AGESA you would need to have support, so unless you've got the chips in hand, I'd wait on deciding a board. In theory, updates should be forthcoming on at least all the 500 series boards, and as we get closer to August, more info will be available.

so wait.

Will the Asus Strixx itx x570 work with these? If so I'll have to order another for 2nd system in main rig.

I finally got all the pieces together for Gen 4 with a B550 /5600x / RX 5700 single 8 pin model and it games smooth and adding the RX 5700 made everything work much better like mouse issue is gone now .. I understand if you don't have a video card but if you can go 5600x for the $299 price it will please you .

Last edited:
Going to keep an eye out for these for sure. 5600G seems like just the ticket for a dedicated streaming box for me and 5700G looks nice for a couple friends who want content creation machines and don't game much.

Not a very informative review. Yes it is known that the APUs when coupled with dGPU have a weakness on high refresh rate eSports games, so the choice of games will change a review's conclusion drastically. UFD tested with a more broad selection of games and even found a few where the 5600G was ahead of the 5600X. Also one of the APU advantages is that you can run insane memory speeds on cheap Micron Rev.E or Hynix CJR kits, which you of course don't see if you run at stock.

Last edited:
What is the vram limit for Vega on this design as 2200g was limited to 2Gb at a much lower memory speed .

Aren't these like 4GB and it pools from available ram? Soon as these drop hope the x570 itx board I got is compatible got a nice strong Nas planned once I recover from huge network failure recently.

I keep waiting for a review of people actually using these APU's to play actual games at reasonable fps......the dang things worthless if it only gets 15fps at 1080p

for gaming yes but for a nas build ill take the 5700g gaming ill use a real system with Dgpu. soon enough well get navi or mcm in apus thatd be sick with some hbm 2-3 with stacked vcache that would be one sick lil apu one day.

Did anyone YTer review a 5600G/5700G with FSR? I think APUs could benefit greatly from FSR.

Back