4350G vs 5350G

wandplus

Limp Gawd
Is there a huge reason to go for the 5350G? (Posted with the assumption some might be available for a diy build.)

not yuge but decent. moves from zen 2 to 3 so theres a boost there and its got more cache and a couple hundred extra mhz.
but these are pro chip, so you have to get them as oem.

5350G is better, but availability is the key ingredient at this point, markup/price is the second one. I bought my 4650Gs from Aliexpress, and it's always exciting when you have to call your credit card to get them to turn off fraud checking before you place an order :D, but everything worked out fine. Had to buy the heatsinks I wanted there too, because nobody in the US carries it.

Edit: didn't realize the launch date is Aug 5; I guess we'll see in the morning if it's a paper or real launch date.

Last edited:
Shouldn't be that hard to buy. CPU demand has gone down significantly. For the most part I can buy any cpu I want as needed.

Uh, is the 4350G really PCIe3 and x8 on the PCIe lane?
EDIT: I was tempted to say maybe I'll wait for Warhol 6000 series but there are rumors it might be cancelled.

Last edited:
yes its pcie3 dont know about the lanes but it is basically an entry level r3 chip.

I think it's just the mobile APUs with only 8x for a GPU; desktop zen2 and zen3 apu are pci-e 3.0 16 + 4 + 4 at least according to Wikipedia.

Back