3D Abstract Art

Meditative Beach...

meditation_by_iamski-d8pgvs3.png

Last edited:
Been a while but this is what I've been up to. Aegon's Throne as imagined by GRRM, hope you guys enjoy.

aegon_s_throne_by_iamski-d8phb9o.jpg

Wow! Incredible render!

Also, your older images seem to have hosting issues - any chance you could re-link those? Think I might have missed a few.

Wow! Incredible render!

Also, your older images seem to have hosting issues - any chance you could re-link those? Think I might have missed a few.

Yea, I switched hosts a while back and I completely forgot about this post till now. I'll update here in a few, so check back in the morning.

In terms of my workflow, this was a personal side project which I generally take my time on. This particular project took approximately 3 weeks of modeling, unwrapping, texturing, and lighting.. Then rendered on VRay with high quality settings at an original resolution of 6000x5800 pixels and took approximately 98 hours to render on my I7 4930k cpu. One of my next personal projects down the pipeline is to finish this, I'll be sure to upload it when I complete it. Anyways, hope this info answers your initial question.

Last edited:
Gotcha.. No, that's what I was looking for. A few folk are hawking dual chip servers on craigslist and one of the thought processes would to be a mini 'render farm'.. I was just getting a baseline of what it took you in the actual modeling vs rendering.

Reactions: Ski
like this
The two I saw were:
IBM X Series 236
Dual Intel Xeon 3.0 GHz CPU's with HT (64 bit supported)
CD-ROM
DVD-ROM
6 - 300gb 10k RPM hot swap uSCSI-3 drives
-Currently configured for a 1TB volume with hot spare
-Currently running Windows Server 2008 R2 x64
Broadcom NetXtreme 4 Port 1gb Ethernet
IBM ServeRaid 7k Controller
8 gb Memory

the other:
Dell T710 server pulled out as we upgraded to better hardware.
Dual quad core procs 24gb ram.

Decide to update these to 4k resolution for some of you guys requesting the high res versions so I maxed out the Vray render settings because I got me a new fucking computer and it doesn't take days anymore to get a finished render and did some extra compositing in Photoshop. Be warned they're at least 30-40 megs each, but you want be hard right!

Paper%20Lantern.png

Teatruhudron.png

Gotta be hard to be good right ?

Wow! awesome work people. I forgot about this thread... makes me want to fire up 3DsMAX

keep up the great work.

Back