32GB - 2 x 16GB DDR4 - 4000MHz+ capable kits with RGB

tool_462

Limp Gawd
I am finishing up a build around an Asus Maximus VIII Impact thus limited to 2 DIMMs.

I currently have a placeholder 3600X but will drop in a 5900X or 5950X upon release.

My workflow requires 32GB and I'd like to be ready for the rumored 4000MHz 1:1 prime time!

My head is spinning around Samsung B Die and Micron E Die and trying to verify kits that have such.

Unfortunately I want some RGB too but could budge from that if needed.

Can anyone suggest some kits that are known to do 4000 C16? Budget isn't a huge concern and hopefully can get from NewEgg or Microcenter.

Gskill is the only stuff ive heard about that has 2x16 ddr4 4000 c16. The trident z and royals are the only rgb. They are oos everywhere.
Youll have much better luck trying to find c17 b die. Pretty sure the difference between 16 19 19 and 17 17 17 will be zilch.
GL!

The only kits that are guaranteed to hit 4000 c16 are the ones that are binned at that level or faster. I have a 4000c19 kit and I could only get it to do c17 at 1.40v because I was using a 2 dimm board and the sticks were getting toasty sitting so close to one another. If you want to run dual rank memory at that speed on a 2 dimm motherboard, you will need to run them at 1.50v with a fan blowing on them or get a really good bin of memory that can hit the speed with low voltage. The g.skill bin at that speed is using 1.40v so it seems the best to achieve that, but it's sold out everywhere.

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820374048

add that to your "wish" list and wait for it to come instock it wont be long.. its the BEST 2x16 bdie ICs on the market
i have a kit next to me ordered it via backorder status and was here in about a week. one of the best OCers on the world did a video n them recently.. they can do 4700c18 at 1.5v so 4000c16 wont be a problem. im getting a 2nd kit forsure.

When I posted, they were at $249, I ordered a set for myself too.
Yeah I just pulled the trigger because I'm not sure what's going to happen to the availability of these types of kits when 5000 series chips drop.

I expect a lot of Out of Stock for awhile before they ramp up production of denser sticks. I can always eBay and "upgrade" later if better sets come out.

Back