3090 Ti RTX FE release date

Venturi

Limp Gawd
So January 27th came and went. Anyone know any insight into the when / where? I'm also looking at the marked 'sales" ooutlets for nvidia cards. Should we assume nvidia store will n ot be selling the first round of 3090 Ti RTX FE and will leave it up to Best Buy?

So hence the questions: when and where?

Thanks

honestly id love to know as well cant get FE in Canada i snagged a 3090FE through flebay for a albeit insane price but definitely helped workflow. this would be the last hurray for my current rig then ill wait on pcie gen 6 ddr 5 10000mhz octo channel amd.

I wish Microcenter carried FE cards. I know they wouldn't be MSRP at this point. I wanted a 3090FE but am not pitching a tent at the Christiana DE BB location! I'd probably be a sucker and pay someone to do it though. ;-)

I wish Microcenter carried FE cards. I know they wouldn't be MSRP at this point. I wanted a 3090FE but am not pitching a tent at the Christiana DE BB location! I'd probably be a sucker and pay someone to do it though. ;-)
They'd have to be a real sucker that was pretty dumb and did not sit in line just to scalp the card themselves.... good luck finding that now.

Rumors are next generation cards are twice as fast as current cards, why buy such an expensive card that could be obsolete by the end of the year?

Rumors are next generation cards are twice as fast as current cards, why buy such an expensive card that could be obsolete by the end of the year?
By the time it can be found it will be obsolete too! :-P
Maybe, just maybe if AMD and nVidia made it where these GPUs, when mining is detected, immediately halted the machine (BSOD, kernel panic, etc.) and it was hard wired into the hardware so no BIOS or driver "hacks" could sidestep it, this bloody nonsense would stop. But, since the mfrs are making money off selling them to miners, they would never do that!

By the time it can be found it will be obsolete too! :-P
Maybe, just maybe if AMD and nVidia made it where these GPUs, when mining is detected, immediately halted the machine (BSOD, kernel panic, etc.) and it was hard wired into the hardware so no BIOS or driver "hacks" could sidestep it, this bloody nonsense would stop. But, since the mfrs are making money off selling them to miners, they would never do that!
Well the 3090 Ti RTX FE will be just as impossible to get as the 4080/4090 so if you are going to tear your hair out trying to buy the 3090 Ti RTX FE you might as well wait 8 months and get the better card. Besides supply MIGHT be better by then.

I realize the uphil challange. I was curious, for someone unskilled like me, how does one go about using a "bot" to buy a card?

How do scalpers do it?

Please don't join the douchebags using bots.
I don't want to, I just want to get a card for myself. not to re-sell, not to scalp, not to sell on ebay at 3x,---I just want to be able to buy a card WHILE its worth having it...not 3 years later.

Looks like you already have 2x 3090, what would the 3090 ti do that they can't?
My guess would be more number crunching - physics modeling of some kind, with those specs (or he's insane, because a TT SFF case ain't fitting a dual xeon board)

My guess would be more number crunching - physics modeling of some kind, with those specs (or he's insane, because a TT SFF case ain't fitting a dual xeon board)
Sir...., I got the T-Shirt
this is my home PC, its dense, quiet, and small. Its used heavily as I do take my work home with me and I'm also working on my Phd dissertation in deep learning in clinical decision support systems

The cases in the picture are the TT P1 micro atx cases (HEAVILY modified).

586021_5.jpg
586024_3.jpg
587455_IMG_8867.jpg

Last edited:
Sir...., I got the T-Shirt
this is my home PC, its dense quiet, small. Its used heavily as I do take my work home with and I'm also working on my Phd dissertation in deep learning in clinical decision support systems

The cases in the picture are the TT P1 micro atx cases (HEAVILY modified).
Well, I called it on the number crunching. Never thought of an open case light that, but yeah, that'd do it.

I realize the uphil challange. I was curious, for someone unskilled like me, how does one go about using a "bot" to buy a card?

How do scalpers do it?
For about 6 months, the normal inventory checker script (bot if you want to call it that, but not really a bot) worked, and you had a decent chance of getting a card carted at bestbuy.com. The Bestbuy website had a "please wait" mechanism before letting you add to cart, to try to slow down/trip up the bots. You needed to be sitting there watching for the grey Please wait button to turn into their normal, yellow Add to Cart button. Then in about March 2021, the hackers/more sophisticated botters, found a way to get around the please wait button, and cart cards immediately. When that happened, even the everyday "bot" didn't have a chance, as the cards are all gone in the first 10 seconds. The please wait spread it out to 15 to 30 minutes prior to that, and BestBuy would do waves, so say release 500 cards for sale, wait 15 minutes, release another 500, etc. (whatever the quantity was) It appeared that way anyway, could also have been cards that got carted but the sales didn't complete within the timer, and those were re-released. Anyway, you need a sophisticated bot to do this now, I don't know where to get those. I tried with the stock watcher script for 6 months, and did get a card carted twice before the enhanced bots came along. Didn't get the card either of those times because I forgot I had an email rule sending BB emails into a folder, and didn't realize it until a week or 2 after the second successful cart. So I was missing the confirmation code emails... grr that was Feb 2021. So March rolls along, and I am ready for real this time, and the extra-cheat-y bots come along and everything is gone within 15 seconds, while I am still sitting at the "please wait" thing. Fuck! Continued trying for 4 more months with no luck. July 2021 comes along, and BestBuy has wised up to those fuckers, so now the releases will be in-store only events. Some anyway.

You get about 24 hours notice that this is coming up (from a stock watcher Discord channel), at about 10am the day before. As long as you are in line by 7pm, you have practically 100% chance to get one. July 20, I find out that the next day cards will be in-store. I don't find out until about 9pm. Shit. I look up nearest store, it's a 2 hour drive. Shit Shit. What do I do... Decided to go, called the boss, tell her I'm going to be in late in the morning (teleworking), grab a few cans of something to drink, a little bit of food, call a friend to see if he wants to go too.. by the time I get going, its just after 11pm. I get there and get in line at 12:50am. (yes I was speeding). There's about 100 ppl in front of me. Shit shit shit, the line was long. When I saw how long the line was, I was sure I was screwed... But I had driven 2 hours, I figured I might as well wait, and I am no stranger to line-con. So I waited, and got what I was after. (Even had a 10% off a single purchase, so the card was $1349.99 :) ). The store opened early at 8am, and they handed out the sheets at 7:30am. I was 100th in line and got the 8th 3090, and they had 51 3090's... Yes! I will point out that even people who showed up an hour or 2 before they opened, every single person in line, got a card. They didn't even have to wait in line all night. The scalpers and miners tend to shoot for the cheaper cards, I don't think a $3000 3090 was selling all that fast, and most scalpers are going to want quick turnaround so they don't pay interest on the purchase.

So, most people were there for the cheaper cards, so 3080, 3070, or gaming cards LHR 3060 (whichever one had the LHR), and there were several models dropped, and the store got about 180 total cards. For the launch of a new model, everyone in line will be after the same part. I used a website that could find the quantities of each model at specific stores. So if you know how many will be available, you can guesstimate if you will get one or not. Who knows what a 3090ti will sell for at BestBuy, this is still unknown. And they might just do on-line sales, so it's possible that following a stock watcher discord, you might get lucky. Be ready to spend $2k. But for new launches they did the first batch as an in-store event.

tl;dr: When it's announced they will be sold and it is an in-store event (follow a stock watcher discord), be ready to spend the night in line. Have a folding chair, little cooler with ice and provisions ready to go. You will get one.

For about 6 months, the normal inventory checker script (bot if you want to call it that, but not really a bot) worked, and you had a decent chance of getting a card carted at bestbuy.com. The Bestbuy website had a "please wait" mechanism before letting you add to cart, to try to slow down/trip up the bots. You needed to be sitting there watching for the grey Please wait button to turn into their normal, yellow Add to Cart button. Then in about March 2021, the hackers/more sophisticated botters, found a way to get around the please wait button, and cart cards immediately. When that happened, even the everyday "bot" didn't have a chance, as the cards are all gone in the first 10 seconds. The please wait spread it out to 15 to 30 minutes prior to that, and BestBuy would do waves, so say release 500 cards for sale, wait 15 minutes, release another 500, etc. (whatever the quantity was) It appeared that way anyway, could also have been cards that got carted but the sales didn't complete within the timer, and those were re-released. Anyway, you need a sophisticated bot to do this now, I don't know where to get those. I tried with the stock watcher script for 6 months, and did get a card carted twice before the enhanced bots came along. Didn't get the card either of those times because I forgot I had an email rule sending BB emails into a folder, and didn't realize it until a week or 2 after the second successful cart. So I was missing the confirmation code emails... grr that was Feb 2021. So March rolls along, and I am ready for real this time, and the extra-cheat-y bots come along and everything is gone within 15 seconds, while I am still sitting at the "please wait" thing. Fuck! Continued trying for 4 more months with no luck. July 2021 comes along, and BestBuy has wised up to those fuckers, so now the releases will be in-store only events. Some anyway.

You get about 24 hours notice that this is coming up (from a stock watcher Discord channel), at about 10am the day before. As long as you are in line by 7pm, you have practically 100% chance to get one. July 20, I find out that the next day cards will be in-store. I don't find out until about 9pm. Shit. I look up nearest store, it's a 2 hour drive. Shit Shit. What do I do... Decided to go, called the boss, tell her I'm going to be in late in the morning (teleworking), grab a few cans of something to drink, a little bit of food, call a friend to see if he wants to go too.. by the time I get going, its just after 11pm. I get there and get in line at 12:50am. (yes I was speeding). There's about 100 ppl in front of me. Shit shit shit, the line was long. When I saw how long the line was, I was sure I was screwed... But I had driven 2 hours, I figured I might as well wait, and I am no stranger to line-con. So I waited, and got what I was after. (Even had a 10% off a single purchase, so the card was $1349.99 :) ). The store opened early at 8am, and they handed out the sheets at 7:30am. I was 100th in line and got the 8th 3090, and they had 51 3090's... Yes! I will point out that even people who showed up an hour or 2 before they opened, every single person in line, got a card. They didn't even have to wait in line all night. The scalpers and miners tend to shoot for the cheaper cards, I don't think a $3000 3090 was selling all that fast, and most scalpers are going to want quick turnaround so they don't pay interest on the purchase.

So, most people were there for the cheaper cards, so 3080, 3070, or gaming cards LHR 3060 (whichever one had the LHR), and there were several models dropped, and the store got about 180 total cards. For the launch of a new model, everyone in line will be after the same part. I used a website that could find the quantities of each model at specific stores. So if you know how many will be available, you can guesstimate if you will get one or not. Who knows what a 3090ti will sell for at BestBuy, this is still unknown. And they might just do on-line sales, so it's possible that following a stock watcher discord, you might get lucky. Be ready to spend $2k. But for new launches they did the first batch as an in-store event.

tl;dr: When it's announced they will be sold and it is an in-store event (follow a stock watcher discord), be ready to spend the night in line. Have a folding chair, little cooler with ice and provisions ready to go. You will get one.
Thank you
I'd be willing to try.

Sadly, I saw 4 articles all in a row (today) stating theta the 3090 ti is postponed indefinitely, not sure what to believe, but if it takes to long to come available, getting one 3 moths before the 4090 series comes out would make the purchase not worth it.

Example, as you drive your new car off the lot, the carryall with the next model is pulling into the dealership.

That's pretty much any tech purchase, ever. We can guess when it will be obsolete, but it could be 3 months it could be 18.

iv had this 3090FE for a lil over 6 months its been an amazing piece of tech, i honestly thought by the time i got one of these that the RTX IO would have been ready i got the insane ssds for it and an absurd amount of ram for any "Normal" user just so i can tinker with the idea of loading everything into the gpus vram.

if the 4090 is compatible in pcie gen 4 boards ill attempt at getting one though i may need a new power supply as this 1600w wont have the proprietary connecter im sure nvidia will use.

So January 27th came and went. Anyone know any insight into the when / where? I'm also looking at the marked 'sales" ooutlets for nvidia cards. Should we assume nvidia store will n ot be selling the first round of 3090 Ti RTX FE and will leave it up to Best Buy?

So hence the questions: when and where?

Thanks
Was there any indication that it would release the 27th, or was that all just internet speculation?

Here is my speculation: It will come out whenever AMD releases the 6950XT.

that is usually how it goes back and fourth one catch's up to current king then the other slams them with something else to put em back to 2nd. amd has been fighting intel on the cpu front and put them down for a good awhile i just hope they can with the gpu side now. intel wont be a threat for a few years if there cpu division is any indication on how many F's they give about the market as shown in there recent history. time will tell we can only hurry up and wait see what comes maybe end of the year.

It will likely get canned, bringing no benefit over custom 3090 cards out now and being too close to the next gen release to be worth investing in resolving the issues with it's 450w+ power circuitry.

It will likely get canned, bringing no benefit over custom 3090 cards out now and being too close to the next gen release to be worth investing in resolving the issues with it's 450w+ power circuitry.

Sure but surely they have to have something competitive with the rdna2+ refresh coming up. Once eth mining goes away alot of the extra demand for ampere cards will go away.

msi, gigabyte and a few others are surfacing on the net in asian hubs. not sure if that will translate to an nvidia release of the FE, however, if the other cards get officially sold and DELIVERED in the wild, then nvidia will have to acknowledge them. Selling vapor doesn't count

They are waiting for 3090 inventory to be depleted.

I've noticed the 3090 FE be in stock several times since the beginning of Feb. Last time I saw them in stock as well before Xmas. And only the 3090 has become in stock.

They are waiting for 3090 inventory to be depleted.

I've noticed the 3090 FE be in stock several times since the beginning of Feb. Last time I saw them in stock as well before Xmas. And only the 3090 has become in stock.

Its ok. Some of the prices and a few available for sale but not delivered cards are showing up on other sites. prices ranging from $4400 to $6000. As performance is just a few percentages above the current 3090, then my appetite is not for paying 3x for a subjective 4.5% improvement. Lastly I paid $6000 total for 4x 3090 rtx cards from the actual nvidia store when nvidia was doing the selling, and they are paired in nvlink in 2 PCs. $1500 per card is steep ( I only have a finite amount of organs to sell), but $6k a card is beyond my sensibilities (and my remaining organs).

I guess I was naïve, $1500 is for a regular 3090 FE (which I prefer) so I figure $1699 -$1799 for a Ti is what I was expecting from nvidia on the FE version of the Ti as a price. Anything more...well I will let someone else have the pair I wanted to buy.

Lastly unless you're doing DL, ML or NN, there isn't a reason to part with that much cash for a single card. Sure I game on my setup (who wouldn't?), but the cards' daily workout is for my dissertation and also for when I take work home with me. One should buy themselves a motorcycle, gun, vacation, etc and make some real memories out of the money instead of spending it on a video card. Even if someone was a miner, $6000 a card is a sunk cost with no ROI, it breaks all the math.

Last edited:
I don't want to, I just want to get a card for myself. not to re-sell, not to scalp, not to sell on ebay at 3x,---I just want to be able to buy a card WHILE its worth having it...not 3 years later.

Edit: I saw your next post.

They probably put the 3090Ti on hiatus because its not really much if at all better than a 3090. It has faster VRAM at 21Gbps vs 19 and I think a marginal increase in core count. That's about it.

If retailers are selling for $5000+ I am guessing scalpers will bring this up to 7-8k seeing the profits they take on regular cards. Its gonna cost more than a decked out Falcon Northewest prebuilt with a regular 3090 lmao.

Back