3090 Ti Owner's Club

Honestly, I don't see why anyone would buy a 3090Ti this late in the game when the 40 series is literally months away. I'm willing to bet the 4070 or 4080 will match or beat 3090Ti for a 3rd or quarter of the price. This card is literally an Nvidia money grab right before the release of the 40 series. Pointless card.

Honestly, I don't see why anyone would buy a 3090Ti this late in the game when the 40 series is literally months away. I'm willing to bet the 4070 or 4080 will match or beat 3090Ti for a 3rd or quarter of the price. This card is literally an Nvidia money grab right before the release of the 40 series. Pointless card.
Better performance now. Not everyone has a limited budget. Some want the best. I don’t understand why people use anything but the best graphics card. Pointless.

The shit show of stock levels and scalping on anything new, of course. Supply chains are still fucked up

https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

And as others have stated, because some people can, and so they do.

Untitled.jpg

Price cut to 1149.00 on EVGAs site BTS sale I would pick one up but the 1000 Watt psu requirment is a deal breaker. Plus it might trip my breakers.

Price cut to 1149.00 on EVGAs site BTS sale I would pick one up but the 1000 Watt psu requirment is a deal breaker. Plus it might trip my breakers.
In about 2 or 3 months the 4080 will crap all over the 3090ti and likely be at least 300 bucks cheaper.

In about 2 or 3 months the 4080 will crap all over the 3090ti and likely be at least 300 bucks cheaper.
That could be, but it also could be another 2 years of scalping chip shortages. You never know what if you don't and are stuck with whatever weak card you have for another couple years, I would hate that. Also having a 3000 series card means you can skip the 4000 series altogether to not even worry about shortages whatsoever.

KickAssCop, Niner21, TrevorR, Azphira, absolutely gorgeous setups you have there. A real joy to look at. Not a tangled wire or a spec of dust to be seen. :)

That could be, but it also could be another 2 years of scalping chip shortages. You never know what if you don't and are stuck with whatever weak card you have for another couple years, I would hate that. Also having a 3000 series card means you can skip the 4000 series altogether to not even worry about shortages whatsoever.
Lol there is practically zero chance of it being any more than a few weeks of scalping or shortages for a 4080 and saying 2 years is just flat out nonsense unless something insane happens in the next 2 or 3 months. If you need a high end card now the Asus Tuf 3080 12GB for only 750 bucks at Best Buy makes sense. Now if you need the vram and don't mind the insane power usage then the 3090 ti can be justified.

Last edited:
Lol there is practically zero chance of it being any more than a few weeks of scalping or shortages for a 4080 and saying 2 years is just flat out nonsense unless something insane happens in the next 2 or 3 months. If you need a high end card now the 3080 12GB for only 750 bucks at Best Buy makes sense. Now if you need the vram and don't mind the insane power usage then the 3090 ti can be justified.
Yea but I've been surprised before by the unforeseen lol just like the past 2 years have been nonsense.

Huge price cuts on 3090ti. Demand is soft supply is high.
I am sure that the crypto crash had a big part in this. Until just recently, people were building farms of seacans out in rural areas, next to transmission substations, loaded with computers with these types of video cards specifically for crypto mining. With that bubble blown, I am sure that NVidia is hurting pretty badly right now and yeah the 3090TI market is probably more than saturated at the moment.

That said, we shouldn't underestimate the ongoing chip shortage either. Medium to longer term, especially if instability over in eastern Europe picks up again, I would expect video card prices to go way up and supply to go way down. It may actually be worthwhile to pick up a 3090TI at this price if it is in your price-range and is something you want. I know that this defies conventional logic with a new gen coming out soon. That said, depending on the increasingly volatile world events, this could be the cheapest that we see a top-end video card selling at for a very long while.

I am sure that the crypto crash had a big part in this. Until just recently, people were building farms of seacans out in rural areas, next to transmission substations, loaded with computers with these types of video cards specifically for crypto mining. With that bubble blown, I am sure that NVidia is hurting pretty badly right now and yeah the 3090TI market is probably more than saturated at the moment.

That said, we shouldn't underestimate the ongoing chip shortage either. Medium to longer term, especially if instability over in eastern Europe picks up again, I would expect video card prices to go way up and supply to go way down. It may actually be worthwhile to pick up a 3090TI at this price if it is in your price-range and is something you want. I know that this defies conventional logic with a new gen coming out soon. That said, depending on the increasingly volatile world events, this could be the cheapest that we see a top-end video card selling at for a very long while.
It was sure to happen at some time, crypto is volatile.
Worse in a recession.
Nobody is under any illusion that the drop in crypto value caused a huge cash out in whatever way possible to get the maximum return asap.
NVidia knew this would happen one day, dont be under any illusion.
There will be inevitable losses at first but they already made their money, they knew who they were selling to.

Last edited:
Lol there is practically zero chance of it being any more than a few weeks of scalping or shortages for a 4080 and saying 2 years is just flat out nonsense unless something insane happens in the next 2 or 3 months. If you need a high end card now the Asus Tuf 3080 12GB for only 750 bucks at Best Buy makes sense. Now if you need the vram and don't mind the insane power usage then the 3090 ti can be justified.
You say this so confidently like youre an oracle lol. If etherum doesn't change it's proof of stake and crypto bounces back (like it's done EVERY SINGLE TIME) we will have another 30 series event. Scalping, stock issues and price gouging. If the cyclical market hasn't taught us that already well we're about to learn again.

JUST FYI I hope I'm wrong cause I hated seeing an $700 card sell for $2500 on stockx.

Better performance now. Not everyone has a limited budget. Some want the best. I don’t understand why people use anything but the best graphics card. Pointless.

Have you ever considered that some people play games with low system requirements? All I play these days is Spelunky 2, and it doesn't play any better on a 3090ti than it already does on my badass GTX 1650.

Have you ever considered that some people play games with low system requirements? All I play these days is Spelunky 2, and it doesn't play any better on a 3090ti than it already does on my badass GTX 1650.
Absolutely, man. It was a mostly tongue-in-cheek response to someone coming into the 3090 Ti owners thread and chirping.

I bet the fans won't turn on the 3090ti for Spelunky.

Well I went ahead and picked up an MSI 3090ti Gaming X Trio for $1079. I had enough Amazon rewards to pay for half of it and the other half will be covered by selling my 3070ti so its basically a wash. I was trying to wait for next gen to launch but I'm playing at 4K120 on a 48" screen and the low frame rate was so obvious that I really wasn't enjoying it.

Tried to go back to my old 1440p 144hz screen but leaving OLED is like kicking a drug habit. Colors just looked so dull and washed out I couldn't stand it. Funny enough, this site is one of the big reasons. The red on the regular LCD display is glaringly different and it really bothered me.

I know financially its a stupid idea, but looking at 6900XT at $800-900 for a good model, 3090 for $1000, $1079 for a 3090ti seemed to make more sense if I'm going to spend anyways.

Well I went ahead and picked up an MSI 3090ti Gaming X Trio for $1079. I had enough Amazon rewards to pay for half of it and the other half will be covered by selling my 3070ti so its basically a wash. I was trying to wait for next gen to launch but I'm playing at 4K120 on a 48" screen and the low frame rate was so obvious that I really wasn't enjoying it.

Tried to go back to my old 1440p 144hz screen but leaving OLED is like kicking a drug habit. Colors just looked so dull and washed out I couldn't stand it. Funny enough, this site is one of the big reasons. The red on the regular LCD display is glaringly different and it really bothered me.

I know financially its a stupid idea, but looking at 6900XT at $800-900 for a good model, 3090 for $1000, $1079 for a 3090ti seemed to make more sense if I'm going to spend anyways.
I did almost the same, but not selling a card. So far pretty happy with it. Quieter than I expected. Sourcing a water block now.

I did almost the same, but not selling a card. So far pretty happy with it. Quieter than I expected. Sourcing a water block now.

Do you know block compatibility for this card? I'm interested in doing so as well but I can't seem to find any that match. Is this a reference PCB?

Do you know block compatibility for this card? I'm interested in doing so as well but I can't seem to find any that match. Is this a reference PCB?
Yes, I researched and found three custom blocks I can order. EK, Bitspower and Phanteks all make custom blocks for this card. It's not reference. EK's block was showing available at the end of the month, Bitspower was available only from Taiwan so I went with the Phanteks block.

My 3090 has a Bitspower block on it and it's been flawless for the last 1.5+ years. Definitely would get another for this one if I could source locally. It sits at ~45c on full load for hours at a time in an 78f-80f ambient room.

EK has a track record all are familiar with.

I reached out to Phanteks support before ordering their block to get the thermal pad dimensions and they responded the next day. I'll use good pads versus what comes with the blocks. Most are OK but there are better. So, looking good support wise.

The block at Newegg.

Edit: pads that come with the block are precut. Diagram attached. The numbers now make sense.

1663808467457.png

1664063159726.png

20220924_164814[1322].jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I researched and found three custom blocks I can order. EK, Bitspower and Phanteks all make custom blocks for this card. It's not reference. EK's block was showing available at the end of the month, Bitspower was available only from Taiwan so I went with the Phanteks block.

My 3090 has a Bitspower block on it and it's been flawless for the last 1.5+ years. Definitely would get another for this one if I could source locally. It sits at ~45c on full load for hours at a time in an 78f-80f ambient room.

EK has a track record all are familiar with.

I reached out to Phanteks support before ordering their block to get the thermal pad dimensions and they responded the next day. I'll use good pads versus what comes with the blocks. Most are OK but there are better. So, looking good support wise.

The block at Newegg.

View attachment 512501

Thanks, I was searching as well and found that this card uses the same block as the Suprim model (what a weird name). All of those brands are good in my books, I'm waiting until AM5 drops and going to do a full loop with rigid tubing, I've always wanted to do another one. I have several XSPC radiators hanging around from years past and some D5 pumps so I think I'll put them back to work.

Back