3080 Ti EVGA Notify Queue

There's a document being maintained by someone monitoring the "i got mine" thread on the evga forums. It only has the last day's change; but if you monitor daily for a week you can get an idea of what the momentum on the queues you're in is; which you can then compare with your current position to get a guess of when your chances will arrive. (Spoiler alert, unless you signed up relatively early for the first queues or asap for the most recent ones you're unlikely to get a card this way.)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NrR71ipaJktCzT1pWj9FWxNHGWAbcxMorvRvEPaPh48/edit

I'm currently 10 mins 4 seconds away from my spot in the queue for a 3080ti (3967). Not sure I still want to get it as i've been able to secure a 3070 months ago. Sure will be tempted when my purchase email is recieved.

I'm currently 10 mins 4 seconds away from my spot in the queue for a 3080ti (3967). Not sure I still want to get it as i've been able to secure a 3070 months ago. Sure will be tempted when my purchase email is recieved.
that queue has moved ~6.5 minutes since Wednesday last week (when I declined the opportunity to replace a 3080); so you've probably got about a week and a half to make up your mind.

How are you guys getting cards?
I signed up on day one and the only email I've received was EVGA telling me that my card changed to the LHR model. I really regret picking the XC3 Black as I don't think they are producing them in the same numbers as the FTW cards or the hybrids. Perhaps they aren't even producing them at all at the moment. I would most likely have had a GPU 8 months ago if I had signed up to a broader range of cards.

I signed up on day one and the only email I've received was EVGA telling me that my card changed to the LHR model. I really regret picking the XC3 Black as I don't think they are producing them in the same numbers as the FTW cards or the hybrids. Perhaps they aren't even producing them at all at the moment. I would most likely have had a GPU 8 months ago if I had signed up to a broader range of cards.

I made that mistake as well.

I only have gotten newer cards from drops. Like I signed up for an rtx 3060 (both), the 3070ti (all the models), and the 3080ti (all the models).

Sounds like you answered your own question. If the yields are decent, why wouldn't they produce only their highest end SKUs to maximize profits?

Just got my email and purchased the 3080ti FTW3 Gaming Ultra. I already have the 3080 non ti FTW3 Ultra from a step up months ago. Do you think it’s worth keeping the ti and selling the non ti?

It won't really be a big performance benefit. I believe you are looking at about 10 percent. Considering the cost of 3080 ftw3's on the used market though, it's worth a consideration. Especially if it's non-lhr (assuming you are willing on risks/etc).

Reactions: DBZ33
like this
Newegg shuffle is a rippppp

Look at these prices, they are atrocious ffs

Newegg shuffle is a joke take a hard pass for meView attachment 388837
Yeah I got picked for a 3080 for $1150...I had it in my cart, then a little voice in my head said, WTF are you doing?! Yeah, I'm not spending $1200 for a $700 dollar part, I wasn't born yesterday, kiss my ass newegg.

No worries, I'm only looking for the hybrid ftw3. Besides, I'm not entirely convinced I want to spend almost 1500 dollars on a gpu. :eek:
Evga just raised prices to “cover additional shipping costs” or something like it. They’re only getting worse, not better.

I made that mistake as well.

I only have gotten newer cards from drops. Like I signed up for an rtx 3060 (both), the 3070ti (all the models), and the 3080ti (all the models).
I'm using an SFF system so at that moment the XC3 card seemed like the one to get.
At this point it's probably not worth signing up for any card as I'm too far behind in the queue.

I still got an gtx 1070 in my rig, although it quit on me the week after the warranty ended which would have left me without a GPU since last year, but luckily EVGA had my back.

Sounds like you answered your own question. If the yields are decent, why wouldn't they produce only their highest end SKUs to maximize profits?
Yeah, I kind of did.
I suppose that is true, but it still suck for us with SFF rigs. I've moved to a bigger case now, but it's a little too late now. The wait for the 4000 series will be rough.

Yeah, I kind of did.
I suppose that is true, but it still suck for us with SFF rigs. I've moved to a bigger case now, but it's a little too late now. The wait for the 4000 series will be rough.

I'm in the same boat. I signed up for a 3080 XC3 "Gaming" (non-ultra) on day 1. The queue never made it off the first day of notifies on that card. By the time I figured it out, I was so far down the list on the 3080 FTW3/XC3 Ultra queues that I'll never get one from there.

how do you know how close you are?

There are a couple websites and google docs out there that try to keep track of the notifies that are sent out. They are only as good as the people reporting when they got a buy e-mail though.

Yeah I got picked for a 3080 for $1150...I had it in my cart, then a little voice in my head said, WTF are you doing?! Yeah, I'm not spending $1200 for a $700 dollar part, I wasn't born yesterday, kiss my ass newegg.
Whith the ridiculous newegg prices and no sign of evga getting to me for who knows how long I folded and bought a 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydrocopper on offer up for 150 over retail price. I'm just not willing to wait any longer. It's done. The anxiety is over. I have hdmi 2.1 for my new QN90A & I couldn't be happier. It's finally a wrap!

Whith the ridiculous newegg prices and no sign of evga getting to me for who knows how long I folded and bought a 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydrocopper on offer up for 150 over retail price. I'm just not willing to wait any longer. It's done. The anxiety is over. I have hdmi 2.1 for my new QN90A & I couldn't be happier. It's finally a wrap!
The trick is not having anxiety over consumer electronics in the first place. Whats the point? I don't know why people put themselves through such things...

The trick is not having anxiety over consumer electronics in the first place. Whats the point? I don't know why people put themselves through such things...
Simply because I need hdmi 2.1 to activate 4k on my QN90A. There is no "trick" I needed the god damn device lol

Simply because I need hdmi 2.1 to activate 4k on my QN90A. There is no "trick" I needed the god damn device lol
Same here, I ended up buying one of these to hook up my GTX 1080 to my LG 48CX. Works fine for now, but not ideal.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Snapped some phone pics of the 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydrocopper just installed holy crap this thing is a beast for 4k
20210919_144539.jpg

20210918_161845.jpg

20210918_161822.jpg
20210918_152241.jpg
20210918_152249.jpg
20210918_144029.jpg

20210918_152235.jpg

Last edited:
Back