3080 beeps on startup

this is with my 1080 in there, its not the same the 3080 was one long 4 short beeps

Hey guys. I am planning to buy Rtx 3090 , but i am worried about that short beeps. My mobo is Aorus Z390 Pro Gaming. I will be have the same beeps?
Psu is Seasonic TX-750W PRIME TITANIUM PLUS

tried it in the other slot? tested battery/cleared cmos?
well i returned it but i did try the other slot, cleared cmos and went down to one stick of ram and disconnected and other components, i didnt test the battery itself because i dont have a multimeter or something to try it in but i disconnected the pc from the wall for an hour this afternoon and it retained the settings

This issue with rtx 3080 is common with that few short beeps. Somebody in polish forum get the same beeps. Anyway did you resolved it? What was the cause?

Hi
Any solutions for this problem?
I have same issue. 4x beeps at start but then everything else work fine.
My specs:

Msi 370Z
RM650x
GIGABYTE 3080 gaming OC.

Has anyone tried replacing their cmos battery yet? or maybe resetting cmos?

starting to seem like thats not the issue tho.

Has anyone tried replacing their cmos battery yet? or maybe resetting cmos?

starting to seem like thats not the issue tho.
The chances of needing a cmos battery replaced coincidentally with installing a 3080? I’ve never heard of that in 25 years of building hardware.

Something else is up. Lol

I called the store and an employee told me they know the problem and probably the ddr6x is not compatible with the motherboard. Wait for the bios update.

There's a guy in the reddit thread with the same issue on an ASUS X570. Probably not PCI-E 3.0 related.

Has been reported on asus, msi, and gigabyte.

Have you tried resetting the CMOS, then checking things like the PCIe revision mode that it's trying to run (if there's an "auto detect" mode, so to speak)? Maybe force it to 4.0, if there's a setting to do so.

If the card works correctly in Windows then logic would tell us the card is fine so I don’t understand why the OP returned it.

Or it can be power issue related or broken Caps in card. Who knows. More than likely.

but I think I will send that card back. more and more people have this card and they do not report problems, all over the internet I found 3 pages where this problem was discussed. so however, this is a rare problem not on a global scale. the seller told me that I have to wait for the bios update .what if it never comes out? then you have a card that works but you don't enjoy it until the end. if you want to sell it, it won't be easy. Would you buy a card that doesn't work as it should?

I tested this card with 3dmark.Port Royal 11700 points. During the Furmark test no problems at all. The PSU uses 370 watts and don't get bluescreen or artifacts, I don't think it's the fault of the power supply.

Same issues, 4 beeps on startup. Happens before VGA output with EVGA X299 Dark. Have tried re-seating DIMMs, CMOS Battery has been checked, and power supply cables have been re-plugged.

No issues when I put my old Titan X back in.

Not sure what to do but something definitely is not right...

Same issues, 4 beeps on startup. Happens before VGA output with EVGA X299 Dark. Have tried re-seating DIMMs, CMOS Battery has been checked, and power supply cables have been re-plugged.

No issues when I put my old Titan X back in.

Not sure what to do but something definitely is not right...

what kind of power supply do you have? corsair?

Edit:
aaaa.JPG

Last edited:
The chances of needing a cmos battery replaced coincidentally with installing a 3080? I’ve never heard of that in 25 years of building hardware.

Something else is up. Lol

The 3080 is so hungry for power, after it sucks the line current dry, it turns to the battery and drains it, too?

;)

One thing I have noticed also, there’s a red flashing light beside the PCIE release latch, never used to be on before.

C5A6EF6E-DC98-4B20-9C09-281873698C69.jpeg

Hello everyone :)
I'm from polish forum PCLab and i made account here only to inform you, that i have found solution for mine Gigabyte RTX 3080 4-5 beeps. One user said something about CMS, Legacy boot and GOP so i were looking for it and finally when i disabled CMS - beeps dissapeared. Same thing when you turn on ultra fast boot, then CMS is auto off.

The 3080s instantaneous current draw can defeat high power PSUs not capable of responding in time.
The FE cards have LEDs on the power connectors to signal a problem but AIB cards dont have this, that I have seen.
So while you might have a PSU capable of supplying the power quantity, it might not be able to do it fast enough.

This is made worse with current limiting wiring such as 2x8 pin from a single wire.
You might be ok if you use 2 wires from the PSU.
I need to use 3!

Actually the upcoming ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 will have LEDs on its power connectors that determine if the power supply can't supply enough consistent current to it. Out!

Reactions: Nenu
like this
Actually the upcoming ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 will have LEDs on its power connectors that determine if the power supply can't supply enough consistent current to it. Out!
They put those in the TUF series also, they probably wanted to be able to diag this issue to lower rmas.

Thanks for the update, thats the card I ordered :)

Back