300 Nvidia GPUs Seized After High Speed Boat Chase

DukenukemX

Supreme [H]ardness
"Our movie-like story kicked off with Chinese authorities detaining a fishing boat anchored near Hong Kong International Airport. Men on the fishing boat were swapping cargo over to a speedboat. When authorities approached, the smugglers hopped into the speedboat and fled. While the customs officials were unable to apprehend the smugglers in the subsequent high-speed chase, the hapless fishing boat owner was unable to get away. Confiscated goods, according to THG, included sea cucumbers, shark fins, and other various tech products and gadgets. The graphics cards were considered a surprise"

hong-kong-gpu-seize.jpg

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/321647-300-nvidia-mining-gpus-seized-after-high-speed-boat-chase

I'm not sure if that's funny, sad, ironic, or...something else.

Imagine the scene at the smuggler's cove: a shanty town, dark, torches and lanterns flickering. We move inside the wooden hut where mandolin music, accompanied by off-pitch Mandarin crooning is heard (because mandolins and Mandarin just go together). A crowded speak-easy, with bottles of hooch, a squinty-eyed bartender, the singer in an old silk gown in the corner, smoke, wooden tables. In the corner sits Ming, cable-knit sweater greasy with fish oils, Mao cap at a low angle, shot glass with kerosene in it at hand. The black-suited HK crime boss walks in. Black silk jacket, black slacks, black tie. Two large muscled enforcers behind him. Silence descends.

"Ming," he says, "I have a job for you. You will move my sea cucumbers and my stolen high tech."

"What?" replies Ming. "It's too dangerous! The Coast Guard is on to me. I know it!"

"Ming...you will do this, or you will die!!!" With an evil laugh, the crime boss tosses the remnants of the shot glass into Ming's face and leaves.

C'mon...that's how it ALWAYS starts. First it's some sea anemones, then they move to sea cucumbers. Next, mixed amid the shark fins are Nvidia 3090s. I've seen it a thousand times...

Sounds like a fun mission for GTA 6, or Sleeping Dogs 2 since we're talking about Hong Kong.

Back