30 days almost up! 2001FP

Frank_G

Weaksauce
Well my 30 days are almost up! Should I keep my 2001FP with 3-4 stuck on pixels that you can only see on a Black screen and also it has no backlite problem or should I call Dell Tech support tonight and have another one RMA'd to me. This is my second one my first had to 2 stuck-on pixels and a very, very bad backlite problem!

Ultimately, it is your decision. If the pixels are in areas where you become distracted and/or just cant focus on anything else on your screen cause you know they are there... then yes, RMA it!

I just got my 2001fp today. What a thing of beauty this LCD is. However, I do have one "stuck" pixel. It's barely noticeable. Im not going to RMA. The pixel is off to the lower right of the task bar so i know I wont notice it much.

good luck

Got my two 2001FPs today. One is nearly perfect with only 1 subpixel stuck on - blue about 1" off center. This one is a keeper as it difficult to see the blue; its not stuck at full intensity.

The 2nd I've counted 19 subpixels stuck on, and 1 blue dead. Sounds pretty bad, but none are at full intensity. Matter of fact my first time through I counted 9, second 15, and last 19. My face was approximately 1" from the screen. This one also has slight like leakage along the upper right - I notice because its not uniform. Probably going to RMA this one.

Both are November builds.

Suprisingly at normal viewing distance (~2.5') I barely notice these defects. I attribute this to the fine pixel pitch and the fact that non of the subpixels are full on stuck.

Well I guess I have stuck subpixels. 1 red ,2 green,1 blue. The green colored ones are near the center of the screen don't see any of them unless I have a black or dark screen and my nose is stuck to them! LOL I just didn't notice them at first or they have just gotten stuck on. When I first got it I only noticed the 2 green ones then I recently have seen the red and blue ones show up am a little nervous about the more recent ones because I thought I gave this panel a good going over the day I got it and they were not there!

As far as the 30 days goes they should send you a new monitor instead of a refurb. one then after that it's up to Dell's discretion whether it's new or refurbed.

Mine had 0 dead/stuck pixels, even after the nokia monitor test. If they bother you, yes, send it back -- it is possible to get a perfect one.

Well contacted Tech support they told me I had only 6 pixels they would only cover 7 or more??? Nowhere do I see this on the website!! Anyone else been told this??

Originally posted by Frank_G
Well contacted Tech support they told me I had only 6 pixels they would only cover 7 or more??? Nowhere do I see this on the website!! Anyone else been told this??

That is their dead pixel policy, however from what I understand you can return it for any reason within 30 days and ask for a replacement. I'd call back and instead of asking for a warrantly replacement just say it is defective and you want another. After 30 days is up, you can only return it if you have 7 or more dead pixels.

I love Dell exchange/return policy. They will ship the replacement unit overnight and it doesn't cost you a dime... They even arrange to pick up defective unit by airborne, still doesn't cost you anything. I really hope they will stick to this policy and I will continue buying from Dell...

Back