3/8" ball valve that isn't only 1/4" when open?

cyclone3d

[H]F Junkie
Looking for a couple G1/4 ball valves that are 3/8" when open. I ordered a couple XSPC ones but they are only 1/4" when open.

The pics of all the other ones I saw look like they are also only 1/4" when open.

I know I can go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get some nice, high quality ones (never had one fail for home plumbing in 15 years), but they are much longer than regular water cooling setup valves and I am not 100% sure that they would be good for a computer water cooling setup.

They claim to be brass, but we all know how much faith we should have in Chinesium products.

I think your stuck with g1/4in. in the wcing world due to fitting sizes having been standardized to it. Koolance or Bitspower may have something g3/8 used in commercial gear from back in the day but it's unlikely due to drain valves being a more recently popularized part.
From what I'm seeing plumbing parts or using a piece of 3/8in. id tubing is about it :(

I think your stuck with g1/4in. in the wcing world due to fitting sizes having been standardized to it. Koolance or Bitspower may have something g3/8 used in commercial gear from back in the day but it's unlikely due to drain valves being a more recently popularized part.
From what I'm seeing plumbing parts or using a piece of 3/8in. id tubing is about it :(

Thing is G1/4 allows for 3/8" ID. All the rest of my system is based on this. The thing with the valves that I can find is that the hole in the ball valve is only 1/4" which is really sucky and really strange that no computer water cooling brand makes a valve that matches the size of the rest of the system.

Guess I am going to go get a couple at Home Depot provided I can adapt them to G1/4.
PXL_20220529_183449490~2.jpg

Last edited:
Now to get some smaller handles...
Yeah right, those valves are hard enough to operate with those long handles.

I decided to put the filter inside the case it has a place to sit out of the way. I'll post pics when it is put together.

Back