2TB teamgroup SATA SSD $99

While still dram-less, multiple places, newegg, amazon, now have the TG Elite version, EX2 2TB at $99.

There's mixed news.... a lot of reliable sources say prices will be going up (??)

the 2 pack is even cheaper...might be worthwhile to replace a few platter drives in the ol' unraid box

the 2 pack is even cheaper...might be worthwhile to replace a few platter drives in the ol' unraid box
I currently have 4x2TB seagate HDDs in my TrueNAS. For sure the next go around will be SATA SSDs.

I'm in for an EX2 2TB 86.99 at newegg. Usually wouldn't buy a lower end ssd but for 90 bucks, can't really beat it. Great for games I suppose

Link?
That's just about the price on a 2TB 2.5" HDD.
Actually, I just bought two spinny WD 4TB Passports for $70 each. Not saying the Teamgroup deal isn't good, just pointing out that spinny drives are still cheaper.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Anyone know what the difference between the two are?
The EX2 specifically says it supports TRIM. The AX2 does not. Other than that, the EX2 claims slightly better transfer speeds.

Possibly a different controller between them would be my guess, can't find any reviews of the AX2 that say. The only other thing I can find is the AX2 is listed as an Amazon exclusive item on TeamGroup's site.

Anyone know what the difference between the two are?
From my reading. They support the same features. Smart, trim, ECC, etc. They both are dramless budget drives with the same controller. The elite (ex2) just appears to be slightly faster. I can't seem to find anything else differentiating them.

Back