2700X RAM timing help?

trick0502

Supreme [H]ardness
so i am trying to get the best timing i can out of this crappy ram. The problem is i really dont know the type of ram it is. MFR, AFR, CJR?

ram.jpg

Looks like it's a Corsair Vengenace 2x8gb (16gb total) kit with Hynix ram chips. Do a search to see what the default timings are and the default voltage.

I’m trying to use the Ryzen ram calculator, but it asks for the type, mfr afr cjr.

I’m trying to use the Ryzen ram calculator, but it asks for the type, mfr afr cjr.

I forget exactly how to do it but there is way to export what Thaiphoon burner spits out and then import it to DRAM Calculator, then you pick the speed you want to run at and the level of aggressiveness for timings. I haven't used DRAM calculator in a bit and I know it's changed some though so YMMV.

Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3200C16 Part# CMR16GX4M2D3200C16
Hynix ics(not the worst ics but far from the best). XMP 1600x2= DoubleDataRate4 3200 16-19-19-36-55/ 1.35v stick with 2t
rather than running the stock timings try using even numbers for the timings. i forget why but a little birdie told me to only use even timings with the ryzen calculator so 16-20-20-36 to start with. if thats gtg try dropping to 16-18-18-36 and on and on. if it fails to boot try upping the voltage to 1.45v. your most likely no going to get much out of those ics. so dont beat yourself up about it. find the best stable timings and voltage and call it a day.

sry forgot the mfr, afr ,cfr. i believe those refer to the ics themselves as in m-die,c-die,a-die but i dont think hynix lists that info.

Back