2700x + Gigabyte X570 Board

AthlonXP

Fully [H]
My buddy has run into issues with memory compatibility with this setup. The board is the GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Elite Wi-Fi, and right now we have run into issues with 32GB ram showing up fully. I am thinking it could now be the 2700x causing the issue as I think the 3000 and 5000 Ryzen are more memory friendly.

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts?

Don't think that the 2700X alone is the reason for this, if at all. That, and the X570 should be even better than the X470 since most X470s were crap. Try reseating the CPU?

I have 64GB RAM (16GBx4) running on a 2700X/X470.

Dead stick of ram or dead memory slot.
Don't think that the 2700X alone is the reason for this, if at all. That, and the X570 should be even better than the X470 since most X470s were crap. Try reseating the CPU?

So I tried a few different kits and the bios reads the ram but windows says 32 installed 16 available. I can try resetting the CPU as an option as well. Also which 64gb kit did you go with?

what ram?
do a good long bios clearing. boot to windows. reboot and setup your bios again. fixed it for another guy around here a week or two ago. if it still gives you greif, bump the ram voltage to 1.4v.

So I tried a few different kits and the bios reads the ram but windows says 32 installed 16 available. I can try resetting the CPU as an option as well. Also which 64gb kit did you go with?
It's 2 matched sets of Corsair LPX 3200 2x16GB. Not the best but that was the cheapest at the time. The board it is running on at the moment does have problems running the whole kit at XMP/3200 but on a decent board, it would do 3200 no problem.

It's 2 matched sets of Corsair LPX 3200 2x16GB. Not the best but that was the cheapest at the time. The board it is running on at the moment does have problems running the whole kit at XMP/3200 but on a decent board, it would do 3200 no problem.
try 1.4v on it. every single set of corsair ive used, all types, needed a bit more voltage to be fully stable

I had the same ram and same results on a x470 and x570. But when I moved from the 2700x to the 3600x I immediately had better compatibility

try 1.4v on it. every single set of corsair ive used, all types, needed a bit more voltage to be fully stable

Thanks for this, but it was a no go between 1.37 and 1.45, tried at .01V intervals. The best result was booting and regular usage at 3200MHZ but memtest would report errors.

It seems that the X470 Ultra Gaming just outright refuses to clock RAM reliably higher than 2933. I stopped trying when I saw a buildzoid video saying the same about its Wifi counterpart, the X470 Gaming 5. The Gaming 7 however will probably work well.

what ram?
do a good long bios clearing. boot to windows. reboot and setup your bios again. fixed it for another guy around here a week or two ago. if it still gives you greif, bump the ram voltage to 1.4v.

Cool, I will give that a try. I think I did that before but I can certainly try again. I am thinking though of getting him to snag a 3xxx series or 5xxx series Ryzen anyhow.

To add a little bit on what pendragon1 mentioned, I'd try running a live ubuntu off a USB key to see if the full 64GB is recognized to rule out some OS issues.

I have a machine in the office with 2x8GB showing just 8GB in Win7 but 16GB in the BIOS.

The user doesn't use that much RAM to merit a reformat and troubleshoot so I left it at that.

Resseting ram position,vacuum the dust,reposition the processor...windows says 32 installed and 16 available or usable? Try google it.
Try lowering to 2933MHz.
System Memory Specification
Up to 2933MHz
Unfortunately 2700x is a shit processor and a weird plant.
It was very expensive at first and few bought it, reviewers on the most expensive motherboards.
The private ones who bought it quickly switched to the 3000 series because it came too quickly.
I bought it new at a relatively low price much later but no one has it anymore and there are few people on the internet who know how to overclock it and who can give you any smart advice.
The only thing they can give you is to use everything on automatic and auto in bios.And I don’t have too much time to research and test.
I bought at the same time a motherboard with poor VRM regulation 6 phase (3 + 3).I didn't research it too much, but I bought what seemed ok to me then.
I'm ashamed to admit but the i7 875k is better for windows 10 than this amd shit.
I am currently running it on 4050MHz all cores but every now and then I get memory management bsod.
I tried almost everything except changing the motherboard, power supply and memory(i also have 2*8gb 3200MHz)

My buddy has run into issues with memory compatibility with this setup. The board is the GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Elite Wi-Fi, and right now we have run into issues with 32GB ram showing up fully. I am thinking it could now be the 2700x causing the issue as I think the 3000 and 5000 Ryzen are more memory friendly.

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts?
Are you running the latest bios?

Is all of the RAM showing up on the stock JEDEC profiles? (not using XMP).

2700x is still solid CPU, don't fret about that.

No way a Lynnfield CPU is better than the 2700X :/

The 2700X is VERY solid.
In windows 10 is better.In gaming has lower fps.
Since I switched to 2700x, from the purchase itself only problems.
I'm currently on the last bios, the motherboard plays a longer sound every time, which should mean that everything is fine, but it's not.
It spins for a long time until it enters windows, then I can't open either start or search or anything, sometimes the screen starts flashing, always something, when I restart then it gets a little again.
I tested the memory with memtest before and everything was fine, processor with prime95, gpu with furmark ... I changed the nvme disk, again the same.
And most often it throws out memory management bsod, once it knocked out another I think page fault in nonpaged area.
If i had bought the i5 10400f which i was 99% sure to be, today i wouldn't have any problem.
It would have smart access memory and a better, faster and cooler processor.

In windows 10 is better.In gaming has lower fps.
Since I switched to 2700x, from the purchase itself only problems.
I'm currently on the last bios, the motherboard plays a longer sound every time, which should mean that everything is fine, but it's not.
It spins for a long time until it enters windows, then I can't open either start or search or anything, sometimes the screen starts flashing, always something, when I restart then it gets a little again.
I tested the memory with memtest before and everything was fine, processor with prime95, gpu with furmark ... I changed the nvme disk, again the same.
And most often it throws out memory management bsod, once it knocked out another I think page fault in nonpaged area.
If i had bought the i5 10400f which i was 99% sure to be, today i wouldn't have any problem.
It would have smart access memory and a better, faster and cooler processor.

Why are you threadjacking someone else's thread? If you want to praise Intel, great. Go somewhere else. This is a memory problem related to a specific board, processor, and memory.

That sounds like a Windows problem. Is it showing up as single or dual channel? Ryzen 3XXX and 5XXX are definitely more memory friendly.

Thanks for this, but it was a no go between 1.37 and 1.45, tried at .01V intervals. The best result was booting and regular usage at 3200MHZ but memtest would report errors.

It seems that the X470 Ultra Gaming just outright refuses to clock RAM reliably higher than 2933. I stopped trying when I saw a buildzoid video saying the same about its Wifi counterpart, the X470 Gaming 5. The Gaming 7 however will probably work well.

You might just have lost the silicon lottery with your memory controller. Zen+ based Ryzen's still liked B-die RAM better in order to get higher clocks. Most 3200Mhz RAM available now is probably Hynix based, so it could have issues running at 3200Mhz on Zen+. The Zen2 and Zen3 based memory controllers are significantly better.

Either way, I don't think it's necessarily the motherboard, although it doesn't hurt to make sure you have the latest and greatest AGESA on it.

You might just have lost the silicon lottery with your memory controller. Zen+ based Ryzen's still liked B-die RAM better in order to get higher clocks. Most 3200Mhz RAM available now is probably Hynix based, so it could have issues running at 3200Mhz on Zen+. The Zen2 and Zen3 based memory controllers are significantly better.

Either way, I don't think it's necessarily the motherboard, although it doesn't hurt to make sure you have the latest and greatest AGESA on it.
Its most definitely the board. The same 2700x would run 3200 fine on my Crosshair X470 and the Strix E B450.

That GB board is something else... XD

Its most definitely the board. The same 2700x would run 3200 fine on my Crosshair X470 and the Strix E B450.

That GB board is something else... XD

Awesome, any suggestion on a good X570 board with wifi and decent ammount of USB ports?

Awesome, any suggestion on a good X570 board with wifi and decent ammount of USB ports?
Sorry, I meant my board in particular (the X470 Ultra Gaming)

To be fair, Gigabyte has mostly fixed its AM4 crap with its X570/B550 line.

I would recommend people stay clear of their X470/B450/X370/B350 with the sole exception of the X470 Gaming 7, but I will freely recommend GB X570/B550 when it fits the bill.

The X570 Elite is a good board, so is everything above it (Pro, Ultra, Master, Xtreme).
Asus's boards at the same price points are good too. The X570 TUF, TUF PRO, Strix F, E, and the ROG models
MSI seems to be doing decent, so long as you only consider the X570 Tomahawk, Unifi, Ace and the Godlike.

Last edited:
Back