2200G Memory Controller

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
I have 4 sticks of Flare X 3200Mhz memory. I was running all 4 at 3200mhz with my 1700. I swapped in a 2200G, and it refuses to boot with 4 sticks at 3200mhz. If I drop it to 2400mhz...no problems. If I take 2 sticks out, no problems. Is this normal?

Kind of reminds me of the old Athlon64 days with more than 2 sticks of memory.

Well, I haven't tried the B slot pair yet. If I get a chance I'll give it a try.

2400G memory support
4 DIMMs - Dual Rank
up to DDR4-1866*
4 DIMMs - Single Rank
up to DDR4-2133*

*Officially. So you're not doing bad.

Last edited:
You could check if some of those settings could be changed like what is available on the Crosshair VI hero. I forgot which settings but in the early bios some of the 4 sticks configuration would work when you applied different settings. Since I'm not to sure if your motherboard allows those and most of the settings can be found in this thread:
http://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread-272.html

You could check if some of those settings could be changed like what is available on the Crosshair VI hero. I forgot which settings but in the early bios some of the 4 sticks configuration would work when you applied different settings. Since I'm not to sure if your motherboard allows those and most of the settings can be found in this thread:
http://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread-272.html

I'll check into it. I have a feeling that it's just a simple matter of having a sucky memory controller (still can't really complain for $100). I didn't realize the limitation like Mega6 pointed out.

Yes, I came across that article also. Seems kind of a waste to use $250 FlareX memory on a $100 processor. Oh well. Here's hoping Zen+ and the 4XX chipset boards bring a little better memory compatibility to the table.

All indications are that 4xx and Zen+ will improve, good luck!

Does anyone know how to check ven temps on Raven Ridge? I think this is what is holding me back right now.

Back