20yrs of [H]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave343

[H]ard|Gawd
20 years on the [H] - Well guys it's been awesome, hopefully the [H] forums stick around for decades more! Signed up back in college and never thought I'd be posting this 20yrs later.

I've been to one [H] meetup in Toronto back in 2001 at the Skydome Hard Rock Café where we racked up an enormous bill that consisted mostly of T-Bone steaks and good liquor.

From OC'ing the crap out of Celeron's to now water-cooling, glad to be a part of this [H] community 2 decades later :cool:

Was introduced to the [H] back when water cooling meant junk yard heater core, custom made water blocks and an aquarium pump, and Ars Technica had Hannibal CPU architecture deep dives... Been a regular lurker and then poster on Ars and the [H] ever since.

Anyone remember when the [H]ardForums had a [G]enmay section that detached onto it's own site? Still exisits but absolutely nowhere near what it was back in the day.

Does anyone know if Infinium Labs is going to release their Phantom console soon?
Not if I have anything to do with it. For the record, Tim Roberts is now in prison for a stock scam. His brother committed suicide after the IRS and SEC came after him.

131378_PhantomSmash.jpg

20 years on the [H] - Well guys it's been awesome, hopefully the [H] forums stick around for decades more! Signed up back in college and never thought I'd be posting this 20yrs later.

I've been to one [H] meetup in Toronto back in 2001 at the Skydome Hard Rock Café where we racked up an enormous bill that consisted mostly of T-Bone steaks and good liquor.

From OC'ing the crap out of Celeron's to now water-cooling, glad to be a part of this [H] community 2 decades later :cool:
Congrats to you! ALMOST here 20 myself. I was rocking a 300mhz Celeron overclocked to 500mhz on an Abit motherboard back then. I believe starting next year when you are here 20+ years they are giving out Gold Watches and RTX3080's so I'll be good but, sucks to be you.

Congratulations! Computers have definitely changed over the last 20 years. I am new here but hope to stick around just as long :)

I followed [H] way back, probably starting like 97 / 98(?) when the main site had the barb wired boarder. I took a few years before I registered on the forums. Then there was the big forum crash and I took a while to re register again. I’m certainly more active on the forums now than I ever was before, probably because I don’t have the main page news feed to scroll through anymore.

Wow, that's awesome. I just passed 19 years myself. I remember I was working in a computer lab in college and I was on caraudioforum, someone posted a link to the [H] for something. I clicked and never looked back. I remember when Genmay was part of this place, the 10K desk, the [H] yearbook, Kyle ban hammer days. I'm sure I've forgotten a lot. Good times.

I got 8 more to reach that. I arrived here after I got totally frustrated with AMDZone.

Last edited:
Time flies doesn't it? I talk to people about slot CPUs and OC'ing the Athlon XP mobile chips and I'm greeted back with blank stares. Thanks for making me feel old.

Grats on the 20 mate.

Anyone remember when the [H]ardForums had a [G]enmay section that detached onto it's own site? Still exisits but absolutely nowhere near what it was back in the day.
[H]ardcore lurking since back in the day. There were lots of interesting posts back in the day.

This thread is 100th post worthy

Great memory lane....but not General Hardware. Take it to GenMay.

Also, don't forget the fabulous Voodoo5 6000 and what happens when Russian Hardware sites deeplink your pics. Have a nice night gentlemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back