2080 will not see the Qled 65inch Tv

Epyon

[H]ard|Gawd
So, I had a old ass AMD card that saw the Tv just fine but now that i updated my video card to a 2080 Nvidia card i get nothing. I have expensive Hdmi cables I have tried connecting to all 4 ports on the 2018 one connect box tried all the display ports with my expensive display port 1.4 to hdmi converter cable updated the Tv software what else can i try i mean I am fucked as i do not have a monitor the TV is my monitor.

Have you tried going through the settings on your TV. Otherwise there is no reason why you shouldn't get a picture come up. Do you have someone close you can take your PC to try it out with a monitor. Also did you try re-seating the graphics card. If you tried all this maybe it is faulty. I also take it you get no picture at post befor the os loads.

I don't get anything. I just tried 3 sets of cables too. this is really fucked up. i guess i could try to hook it up via my mac hdmi dongle witch i will do now.

Start off by taking out the card and put it back in. Maybe even try a different pci-e slot. I have done this in the past. Then put it back in the main slot.

Is the computer working? Maybe you forgot to plug in the power cables to the GPU (I've done this many times myself).

Same thing. The Tv is not seeing the computer. I don't know why I have turned the system on off so many times I know that is not good for the computer either. i requested help from the tv app but i might brake down and call a tv tech to my house. I don't really have the money since this computer was build brand new from the ground up last night and today and i go back offshore in a few days. I am beyond pissed off. I am fucking raging right now. reset the tv to default nothing.

i have the whole PC in front of me and the fans are spinning in the case gpu and the AIO. I have the cover off laying flat right now. I tried the gpu in the 8x slot and the x16 slot

On the TV menu, go to:
General
External Device Manager
HDMI UHD Colour

Enable the HDMI port that is connected to your PC.

Thats the menu system on my Q9FN, it might be a little different on yours but you get the idea.
Find it on your TV.
Without this the TV will not use HDMI 2.0 bandwidth.

Also, if you have any other cable plugged into the gfx card, remove it until you have things sorted.
Anything else connected can change which display output becomes the default.

Also 2 :)
Make sure your onboard video isnt the default in your PCs bios setup.

Well, I just bought this x570 aorus master motherboard and i get a 00 error code. That means the 3900x is fucked or the motherboard is fucked up. nice real fucking nice.

Well, I just bought this x570 aorus master motherboard and i get a 00 error code. That means the 3900x is fucked or the motherboard is fucked up. nice real fucking nice.

First off make sure you press the reset bios switch. If that doesn't work disconnect the power from the wall for 30 minutes. If that still doesn't work take out the CPU and reseat it. 00 code doesn't always mean a dead board or CPU.

Oh yeah make sure you dont overtighten the screws on the AIO. This can put to much pressure on the CPU pins causing the 00 code.

So, I had a old ass AMD card that saw the Tv just fine but now that i updated my video card to a 2080 Nvidia card i get nothing. I have expensive Hdmi cables I have tried connecting to all 4 ports on the 2018 one connect box tried all the display ports with my expensive display port 1.4 to hdmi converter cable updated the Tv software what else can i try i mean I am fucked as i do not have a monitor the TV is my monitor.
Price of the cables does not matter. The manufacturer just has to be on this list. I think the most expensive cable I have cost me $12 and it works flawlessly.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
I got a old short cable and it works the picture is really bad so i am going to install the drivers for the main board and the video card and see if i can clean it up and will try to find some good quality short cables tomorrow and see if that will help. holy shit guys. as for the PC giving out 00 error. well thats what happens when you don't PLUG IN THE CPU POWER CABLES.

I got a old short cable and it works the picture is really bad so i am going to install the drivers for the main board and the video card and see if i can clean it up and will try to find some good quality short cables tomorrow and see if that will help. holy shit guys. as for the PC giving out 00 error. well thats what happens when you don't PLUG IN THE CPU POWER CABLES.
bad as in blurry? ghosting? artifacts?

No none of that after i installed the drivers the screen looks fine but when i start doing photoshop work i am going to need all to make sure i am getting 100% of what the tv can put out. It looks great now that the drivers are installed but right now i am trying to connect to the internet via wifi and windows 10 is not showing wifi of any kind I am sure i installed drivers but trying to work past everything right now.

lol, dur.

It happens.

Even though I have built dozens of computers, I did forget the CPU power cable on a rig like a year ago.

It is silly, but what can you do.
One of my most recent builds I managed to plug the 4-pin ATX12V for the CPU in rotated 90 degrees. I spent forever troubleshooting that one. And here I was thinking they could only go in one way...

One of my most recent builds I managed to plug the 4-pin ATX12V for the CPU in rotated 90 degrees. I spent forever troubleshooting that one. And here I was thinking they could only go in one way...
Nearly did that myself, there was very little difference in force required.
It was just enough to make me check again, lucky.
These super slidey plastics that deform easily arent the best solution.

Back