2022 Black Friday Cyber Monday Holiday Deals

Not seeing any decent cheap TV deals; looking for a $600ish TV for my mom to replace their old 55" 720p Plasma TV with some nice news ticker burn-in on it. Also looking for my son a cheap laptop to do light gaming on. Are there still no laptops available with AMD's RDNA2 APUs in them?

Not seeing any decent cheap TV deals; looking for a $600ish TV for my mom to replace their old 55" 720p Plasma TV with some nice news ticker burn-in on it. Also looking for my son a cheap laptop to do light gaming on. Are there still no laptops available with AMD's RDNA2 APUs in them?
Well if you have a Costco nearby at 55" they have a 4k Hisense a65h, or a Samsung TU700d (tu7000 outside of Costco), both over those are decent enough as "mom TVs" IMO. If you're looking for a fancier one like QLED or OLED probably not going to see them that cheap at this price. Bestbuy has oodles of 55" sub $600 tvs that are good enough "Mom TVs" too, just need to look through them, and don't hold ratings on TVs too high because most moms are not going to be looking at them with a microscope to find flaws, i.e. good enough for mom :)

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/a6h
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/tu7000

Well if you have a Costco nearby at 55" they have a 4k Hisense a65h, or a Samsung TU700d (tu7000 outside of Costco), both over those are decent enough as "mom TVs" IMO. If you're looking for a fancier one like QLED or OLED probably not going to see them that cheap at this price. Bestbuy has oodles of 55" sub $600 tvs that are good enough "Mom TVs" too, just need to look through them, and don't hold ratings on TVs too high because most moms are not going to be looking at them with a microscope to find flaws, i.e. good enough for mom :)

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/a6h
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/tu7000
She's got Sam's Club, no Costco (or no membership at least). She just sent me this one: https://www.samsclub.com/p/lg-smart-led-tv-65uq8000aub-thin-4k/P03005421. Looks good enough to me on Rtings, other than the anemic 2x HDMI ports on it, one of which a sound bar may take up. But I suppose most sound bars I've seen have their own HDMI inputs on them as well if she needs more.

I'm not at all familiar with Samsung TU690T series, but it is 75 inches for less than $600 at Best Buy.

I'm not at all familiar with Samsung TU690T series, but it is 75 inches for less than $600 at Best Buy.
TU is the "crystal" line for Samsung TVs, they are lower priced budget models with not too many frills, things like local dimming, high refresh, good hdr just isn't going to be there. But for an all purpose big tv it's not bad, still upscale to 4k, colors look good for a "regular"LED tv. It is what it is. These are the ones that tend to always be on sale and ones that may get insaneo deals. It's a tv for the every day man

Seagate IronWolf 14TB $390 with $180 off:

Code: BFFDAY57

Tempting, just want to use it as a drive to dump my data on. Was looking for something a bit cheaper still ($170 range) with around 12GB. Anything else on deep discount? Only interested in 7200 RPM drives.

https://www.walmart.com/shop/deals/electronics/tvs
Walmart has been running some smoking hot TV deals on their pre Black Friday sales. 55" LG 4k $298, 65" Roku TV for $368, etc... Some of the best cheap deals are sold out but still some great deals available.

I was really hoping to see the 5600 at $99 again but I guess it's not going to happen.

Black Friday deals these days are for all shitty low end electronics. 60hz tv’s and all.

Mehhh

Ended up getting a WD 12TB Red Plus. CMR, 7200 RPM.

$190. I think this has been as low as $180 before, so probably not the best deal.

Is the Seagate Ironwolf 14TB a better drive? Was $30 more for 2 more TB.

I'm just going to use this as a data drive to dump movies, mod and game files onto, not going to put it into a NAS.

https://www.walmart.com/shop/deals/electronics/tvs
Walmart has been running some smoking hot TV deals on their pre Black Friday sales. 55" LG 4k $298, 65" Roku TV for $368, etc... Some of the best cheap deals are sold out but still some great deals available.
I needed another Roku, because mine got to old to support Hulu steaming, I just decided to get a TV with it built in and found a 43" Hisense 4K UHD with the Roku for $228, picked it up at my local Wal- Mart on the around Nov 14th and it is already sold out in 10 days and off their website already, I am very pleased with it so far for the cheap cost and even have my RTX 3070 hooked up to

Last edited:
Y'all are crazy. Call it inflation or whatever but I've yet to really see a deal this black friday. Maybe next year.
Well, I haven’t seen a new Jeep Wrangler go for what I paid for back in 1992. Maybe next year though. Keep the faith.

Y'all are crazy. Call it inflation or whatever but I've yet to really see a deal this black friday. Maybe next year.
Not sure I’d agree - a 42” 4k 120hz OLED for $900 seems like a terrific deal in any age up to the present. There aren’t many good pickings but there are a few.

I wonder if those are a better buy than a 14tb easystore for $200 at BB. I mean more space and same warranty for less sound good to me lol
I use a couple as a backups, one is in my parents fireproof safe, one that I keep locally for more up to date things. Seem to work well.

I've been patiently waiting for a decent deal on the $349 price of a Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra Keyboard cover. Even the $279 price using my employee benefit pricing was too steep.

Best Buy has it for $174.99 today.

Still can't believe it's even this expensive, but... I want it.

Not sure I’d agree - a 42” 4k 120hz OLED for $900 seems like a terrific deal in any age up to the present. There aren’t many good pickings but there are a few.
Yeah deals are going to be relative to what you need (or want), I got a TV 2 years ago dont need one so tv pricing isn't even on my radar

So what is is the best deal for NAS storage drives where I can buy 4? WD 12TB Red Plus. for $190? 14 tb western digital elements for $200. Seagate Ironwolf 14 tb for $210, refurbished Seagate exos 18 tb for $190 (says 2 year warranty but a bit leary with buying refurb drives always bought new before) I am thinking the oldest raid array in my server is from 2013 and its time to retire those. I could wait for one to actually die but rather swap it out when deals are to be had) I haven't filled the 14 tbs array I put in last time I upgraded and the server crapped the bed. I put in shucked 14tb western digitals last time and I think I paid about $200 for them on black friday the iron wolfs and exos would be a step up from those. Thinking 14 tb or larger size.

In my experience best time to buy a TV is the week before the Super Bowl and not Black Friday but I haven't shopped for a TV in awhile. Is this still true?

I'm gonna be that one guy to point out that opening a random google docs link found on the web is probably one of the stupider things you can do in life.
Honest question - is that just because of phishing risk? I can't keep up w/ the news these days, was there some other attack that uses google docs?

Seagate IronWolf 14TB $390 with $180 off:

Code: BFFDAY57

Tempting, just want to use it as a drive to dump my data on. Was looking for something a bit cheaper still ($170 range) with around 12GB. Anything else on deep discount? Only interested in 7200 RPM drives.

I know this was a few days ago but that seems like a bad deal. I got two 16 TB IronWolf Pro drives for around $500, so around $250 each. I think they are down to $490 for a 2-pack on Adorama now, I bought them just before Black Friday.

EDIT: Never mind, you meant 390-180 = $210 each. Not too bad but I think the Pro 16TB are still a better deal if you want/need two.

I know this was a few days ago but that seems like a bad deal. I got two 16 TB IronWolf Pro drives for around $500, so around $250 each. I think they are down to $490 for a 2-pack on Adorama now, I bought them just before Black Friday.

EDIT: Never mind, you meant 390-180 = $210 each. Not too bad but I think the Pro 16TB are still a better deal if you want/need two.

How much better is the Pro?

Back