2 Sets of Z5500 Logitech Thru One Bluetooth Splitter

gsrgofass

n00b
Hello all,

What I have is 2 x Z5500 PC speaker sets and I'd like to run them at the same time thru one Bluetooth source....see images. I've owned 1 complete system for a looooong time and honestly, it's pretty good for sound quality.
I recently snagged a second system but minus the triple flat ribbon cable (not the end of the world) but no remote control...slight problem.
It's for my home garage which is quite large. 2 control centers, 10 satellites and 2 subs. Each of which work 100% when testes as separate systems.

The control center (Large circular dial) is connected to the sub using the DB9 connection.
The audio is out from the PC audio card into the control center using a triple 3.5 flat ribbon cable.
The sub is powered by 120VAC and self amped. Output to the 5 satellites is at teh rear of the sub with standard speaker wire.
Remote control controls volume, EQ controls, EQ presets etc...all that good stuff.

I kept 1 end of the triple ribbon 3.5 cable (3x Male to 3x Male) connected to the PC. The other end of that ribbon cable was split using the 3 Y splitters. Essentially making 2 each outputs for the FRONT, REAR and SUB.
Needless to say, that idea didn't work too well. Probably because the impedance changed or the fact that connecting one control center into another didn't please the the system bla bla bla...no worky worky.

My thoughts were to split the audio out from the PC into both control centers. From there, each control center to each of it's own 5 satellites and sub. Have those controls centers side by side and control it all using 1 remote.
Essentially making a 10.2 system.

I'm wondering if there's some kind of wireless Bluetooth receiver with dual FRONT, REAR and SUB outputs. If there is, problem solved....I think.
Can anyone suggest a slick solution or another way of accomplishing what I'm trying to do here?

Thanks,
Steve

z5500.PNG
z5500 Sub.PNG

I've had the same speakers since 2006, hah. Love them still!

Have you tried just running all 10 speakers off the back of one sub? So you can eliminate the other controller (and sub if that's OK) altogether and simplify it much more. I would think the amp/sub should be able to power all 10 speakers adequately still (just may have to crank the volume a little more?).

Otherwise, sounds like it's going to be more complicated than it's worth to control both units at once, IMO. I don't know of a device that could output to both control units. If you find or fabricate your own cable for the other sub/controller, I would get another sound card (internal or external) and use that to output to the 2nd speaker set.

Last edited:
Interesting suggestion to add a secondary sound card to the PC...hadn't thought of that but I guess the question with that would be if the 2nd sound card would output the audio in parallel. I will look into that and see if I can find an older PCI card.

I'm usually pretty darn good at finding what I need online so I was super surprised when I couldn't find a hub that would take the triple input and split them out.

If I can't solve the issue in the end, I'll just use 1st full system for my office PC music and leave the 2nd system in the garage. Cause, yeah, the sound is pretty sweet for a 2nd Logitech PC speaker set that I paid $40 for.

You can use one of those wireless bluetooth headphone adapters and connect it to the front then select 5.1 stereo on the logitech system. If all you want it to do is use all the speakers. There is no way to get 10 speaker discrete channel surround sound.

You can use one of those wireless bluetooth headphone adapters and connect it to the front then select 5.1 stereo on the logitech system. If all you want it to do is use all the speakers. There is no way to get 10 speaker discrete channel surround sound.
Sorry, I don't follow what you mean by using a wireless Bluetooth headphone adapter. Could you elaborate on this?

Sorry, I don't follow what you mean by using a wireless Bluetooth headphone adapter. Could you elaborate on this?

You can buy bluetooth headphone adapters, which basically you plug a bluetooth transmitter into the headphone slot on your PC. Then you plug your speakers into the bluetooh reciever. It basically makes the headphone jack wireless.
If your PC already has bluetooth built in you don't need the transmitter, you just set the PC to use the bluetooth receiver.

With each set of your speakers you have 3 "headphone jacks". One headphone jack only transmits stereo, not surround like using 3 does. But you can press the "effects" button on your logitech speakers and change it to 5.1 stereo which will use all the speakers even though you have it plugged into the front input.

You can buy bluetooth headphone adapters, which basically you plug a bluetooth transmitter into the headphone slot on your PC. Then you plug your speakers into the bluetooh reciever. It basically makes the headphone jack wireless.
If your PC already has bluetooth built in you don't need the transmitter, you just set the PC to use the bluetooth receiver.

With each set of your speakers you have 3 "headphone jacks". One headphone jack only transmits stereo, not surround like using 3 does. But you can press the "effects" button on your logitech speakers and change it to 5.1 stereo which will use all the speakers even though you have it plugged into the front input.
Gotcha. I don't believe the PC has BT capabilities but I will explore this avenue. Thanks!!

Back