1800X To TR32

Epyon

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys. I am on a Air cooled 1800x with Pc 2100 ram. I was going to get one of these new Processors but it does not make any sense for me at this time. I do work in Substance designer/player with 8k Textures and Key shot rendering and it just fucking kills me.

If you are not over clocking ram or the cpu do you guys have a preference on the main board? I need 128gb of ram as working with these textures eats it up. Can you link me to a good 128gb memory kit that works good? This is were I am really lost. I don't give a shit about RGB colors or what the ram sinks look like.

If you are not overclocking the CPU, just pick a board that has the featureset you want. You could also read up/youtube some reviews on that particular board to see if there any quirks you should be aware of.

Ryzen in general loves fast RAM speeds.

I would suggest getting "higher" clocked 3000/3200 RAM, and if your CPU/board won't clock that high, just dial it down a few notches.

Most RAM should now work well with updated firmware/BIOS revisions. I'm running an "unsupported" 64GB set of 3200 in my Crosshair 7 without problems. My case may be different from most, but the worst you can probably manage is about 2666/2933 MHz

So the last question is If i get a 64gb kit and then 6 weeks later buy the same kit again do i run the risk of it not working? Do I 100% need to get the full 128gb kits?

As long as you can get the exact same kit (to prevent issues with timings), then there is no problem with getting them in split up kits. I'm running 2 sets of 2x16GB kits right now (see system C in my sig)

Even if you buy 4 32GB (2x16GB) kits, there shouldn't be a problem.

Back