$15K Voodoo 5 6000 prototype -LTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
was posted in the news thread and someone locked it for no reason...

Uncertain if it’s already known but I own one of these cards myself. Funny thing is this card itself from LTT is the sister to mine.

Came from Markus in Spain and both are revision 3700 A

LTT significantly overpaid

Mine cost 3000, and not 15,000 and paying for all of Ross’ stuff likes meals and I think travel

Uncertain if it’s already known but I own one of these cards myself. Funny thing is this card itself from LTT is the sister to mine.

Came from Markus in Spain and both are revision 3700 A

LTT significantly overpaid

Mine cost 3000, and not 15,000 and paying for all of Ross’ stuff likes meals and I think travel

we know.
its on loan...

we know.
its on loan...
In speaking directly to the seller he indicates being far more excited about the upcoming Quantum3D video where he actually has talking points and more screen time

so keep an eye out for that from LTT in the near future.

Prior coverage:
https://www.pcgamer.com/a-modder-strung-together-8-3dfx-voodoo-2-gpus-to-play-half-life/

Context:

1683552249007.png

More context to this story:

These two cards are sisters in origination from Markus in Spain.

I found him through a random google search that lead me to an apparent years old dead thread. [ http://www.voodoo3dfx.com/Foro_V6k/viewtopic.php?t=301&sid=e6f13a5cb6badbfad45c9eb113590e62 ]

Took a gamble and e-mailed Markus and much to my surprise he had both cards still.

We made a deal for approximately 3000.

The second card (sister) was after a year or so then picked up by an Aussie who frequents Retro Machines Group. This was through the help of Obi-Wan / Gold Leader of the x-3dfx clan.

The Aussie then sold the card after a year or so to Ross. Now we have the LTT video

Crazy story. Pretty cool stuff to nerd out about.
yup, and that's what i appreciate the most.. the conversation, discussion, and comradery within the community

the act of collecting such a card was very stressful and nerve wracking. imagine the card being destroyed through mishandling at any point a long the chain to delivery and beyond? there's a sense of responsibility attributed and the community would not be pleased to see another one of these destroyed.

they vilified Trevormacro's butcher shop

3dfx Voodoo5 6000 Second Watercooling Edition​

HardForum
https://hardforum.com › [H]ard|Ware › Video Cards

May 4, 2012 — Hello, I have another project. I sent one of my Voodoo5 6000 Rev.3700A to http://liquid-extasy.de/ I ask him to build two Waterblocks for ...

---

1. https://www.youtube.com/@trevormacro13/videos

2. 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 First Aircooler Edition

Hello, I have tested the card and the max frequency reached is 205 MHz (instead of 166MHz by default) with fans RPM at low speed (by default). Video: Regards, Trevor.

Next they need to overpay for a Rage Fury Maxx and do a retro review on that.

Or an XGI Volari Duo V8!

Reactions: erek
like this
The days of gaming on my Voodoo 3 3000 were some of my favorite days of PC gaming, felt like I was on the cutting edge of technology back then as a teenager. I look back with fondness of those times, but man, the prices some people are paying for these cards anymore is insane. Voodoo got complacent and by the time the last of the cards came out, nvidia already had much better video cards out. I remember when I jumped from my voodoo 3 to a GeForce 2 Ti it was a major leap forward in performance and I never looked back. Still got my Voodoo card, sadly no longer have a mobo with AGP 3.3V to run it, so no clue if it still works :( My cutoff for buying a Voodoo would be around $150... which I think is what I paid for it back in the late 90's... I don't remember anymore, was in high school when I bought mine... lol.

Last edited:
like this
I had a slightly overclocked TNT2 Ultra in those days. I went from that straight to a Quadro 2 Pro (GeForce 2 Pro/GTS).

I was given a broken Elsa Razer III (TNT2). I turned around and tried to RMA it. They in turn sent me a Elsa Gloria III in return! I kept my mouth shut. In hind sight, I should have sold the damn thing and kept the money.

like this
ON that note... I do have some old Athlon XP's, P3's and P2's sitting around and DDR & SDR memory.... so if anyone has an old mobo they want to give away for free that has AGP 3.3V, I'd happily take it off their hands and test my old Voodoo 3 AGP card out again! :) If the mobo has bad caps, I am able to fix it, so don't be shy!

like this
cool. start a thread about them then. you locked the thread i originally posted in, and are now hijacking this one....
Lol, how so? Everything I’m commenting upon is relevant to this thread and what others are talking about. I also provided more historical context to the video and know both of the previous owners to the card in LTT’s video.

Heck the current owner even tried to fix my Mercury Brick.

The next video in LTTs lineup will be about the Q3D stuff

Next they need to overpay for a Rage Fury Maxx and do a retro review on that.

Or an XGI Volari Duo V8!

Yeah I have a rage fury MAXX, and the box....not going to say how much I paid for it back in the day, as I dont want people to feel bad.

like this
Lol, how so? Everything I’m commenting upon is relevant to this thread and what others are talking about. I also provided more historical context to the video and know both of the previous owners to the card in LTT’s video.

Heck the current owner even tried to fix my Mercury Brick.

The next video in LTTs lineup will be about the Q3D stuff
you should understand that the topic and a rage fury maxx are not the same thing. go start a thread for them if you insist. you spazzed out and locked the other thread and are going to get this one locked by admins. learn how and where to post shit, ffs.

Yeah I have a rage fury MAXX, and the box....not going to say how much I paid for it back in the day, as I dont want people to feel bad.
Nice, that box is rare too. Haven’t seen too many of those survive

One time a rare prototype engineering sampled popped up on eBay for like 4000+

The topic of high prices is relevant to this thread in general with Linus emphasizing “15000!”

https://www.cpu-world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32264

you should understand that the topic and a rage fury maxx are not the same thing. go start a thread for them if you insist. you spazzed out and locked the other thread and are going to get this one locked by admins. learn how and where to post shit, ffs.
Take a look around, people are discussing this topic unsolicited by me

1683584940920.png

The 15K offering is an artificial limit due to the low end eBay seller account afaik

Theoretically the actual max could be significantly higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back