128GB in Z490 ITX?

lopoetve

Extremely [H]
Anyone tried to know if it works? Have a Z490 itx board coming as a secondary system in a 1000D case, but I’d love to feed it 128G. 64 is somewhat less useful for my needs.

Unfortunately, there are absolutely no 64 GB unbuffered non-ECC DDR4 DIMMs at all that are currently available. This will force motherboards to put in four DIMM slots just to support more than 64 GB total RAM. No miniITX board has more than two DIMM slots. And these motherboards do not support ECC or registered RAM at all.

Dammit, I hadn't even thought of that. Won't even take ECC and just ignore it like Ryzen boards either? I can get 64G ECC dimms easily enough (heck, I've got a stack of the things sitting around here somewhere).

Dammit, I hadn't even thought of that. Won't even take ECC and just ignore it like Ryzen boards either? I can get 64G ECC dimms easily enough (heck, I've got a stack of the things sitting around here somewhere).

The largest unbuffered module size (ECC or not) is 32GB. Ryzen is no different.

Yep. All 64 GB DIMMs are registered, which no consumer CPU or motherboard supports at all.

Back