12 Gen Terrible Undervolting Performance

MuscleNerd

Limp Gawd
Hey everyone,

Im attempting to undervolt my 12400. Cinebench scores using stock settings is 12,000-13,000 After a .020 undervolt it hits 8,400. After a .050 undervolt it hits 5,000.

In the bios the only options are auto, manual, and offset for voltage adjustments. I’ve seen others say use adaptive mode, which does not exist. I have tried both manual and offset, which produces the same result.

I’ll keep the post short, has anyone found a solution to this issue and does anyone know why this is happening ?

Motherboard

Thanks

Hey everyone,

Im attempting to undervolt my 12400. Cinebench scores using stock settings is 12,000-13,000 After a .020 undervolt it hits 8,400. After a .050 undervolt it hits 5,000.

In the bios the only options are auto, manual, and offset for voltage adjustments. I’ve seen others say use adaptive mode, which does not exist. I have tried both manual and offset, which produces the same result.

I’ll keep the post short, has anyone found a solution to this issue and does anyone know why this is happening ?

Motherboard

Thanks
My 12100F running at stock has vcore auto at 1.021 ~ 1.048v (log via hwinfo).
So if your 12400F has around the same vid as mine (different processor of course but same non-K segmentation), for 0.02 undervolt it will has 1.0v which already lower than the K processor.

If your mobo support BCLK overclocking, it would be worth it to try that (BCLK OC) rather than undervolt the already efficient CPU.

Hey everyone,

Motherboard

Thanks
Your starving it from what it seems.
What is the overall goal your trying to achieve? A specific wattage?

My 12100F running at stock has vcore auto at 1.021 ~ 1.048v (log via hwinfo).
So if your 12400F has around the same vid as mine (different processor of course but same non-K segmentation), for 0.02 undervolt it will has 1.0v which already lower than the K processor.

If your mobo support BCLK overclocking, it would be worth it to try that (BCLK OC) rather than undervolt the already efficient CPU.
I will check bios for BCLK OC and see what I find. Yes already very efficient CPU , but still looking to reduce thermals. With the new cooler I just installed I dropped from 83c at its peak to 73c, massive improvement.

Hey everyone,

Motherboard

Thanks
is your motherboard a Z or B series?
B series may not have voltage points along the entire curve.

B660i from Asus. I posted the link to the board in the OP.
Then I don't think you can properly undervolt.
Is this for gaming temps? The 12400 only loses a couple percent, when locked to the stock 60 watts, instead of unlocking the power limits.
You could also try lowering LLC.

Last edited:
Then I don't think you can properly undervolt.
Is this for gaming temps? The 12400 only uses a couple percent, when locked to the stock 60 watts, instead of unlocking the power limits.
You could also try lowering LLC.
Yes those are gaming temperatures, max temperatures. Those are not constants. I’ve seen articles of others being able to successfully undervolt 12 gen on the B series but nothing on the itx versions of the board.

Lowering LLC. I’ll keep that in mind as well when I get home for more testing , thank you

Back