10900K (10-core) with Z490 Chipset in April

We knew this wouldn't be out until next year. It's the reason Intel has made some emergency $50 price cuts on Coffee Lake Refresh (i5 and up).

We knew this wouldn't be out until next year. It's the reason Intel has made some emergency $50 price cuts on Coffee Lake Refresh (i5 and up).

Too bad they can't/won't emergency return the Hyper Threading they disabled on everything below an i9.

Too bad they can't/won't emergency return the Hyper Threading they disabled on everything below an i9.

The new i9 owners - what about them that paid for HT? Disabling HT to segment the lineup was a very dumb thing for intel to do. It will be hard to undo without pissing a lot of people off. Then again, hard to imagine intel really caring about it.

The new i9 owners - what about them that paid for HT? Disabling HT to segment the lineup was a very dumb thing for intel to do. It will be hard to undo without pissing a lot of people off. Then again, hard to imagine intel really caring about it.

Nah, the Core i3 10-sereies leak shows 4 cores 8 threads. I can't see them getting away with anything less.

https://wccftech.com/intel-comet-lake-10th-gen-core-i3-10100-cpu-leak-multi-threading-support/

Those prices seem pretty consistent for Intel, after the price cuts on Cascade Lake!

Real talk : Intel only went with "less HT" on Coffee Lake because there's no way to split a 6-core evenly in-half (like the old i3 was half an i7). They continued with the exact same logic on Coffee Lake Refresh 8-core because they had no competition.

Now that they have serious ass-kicking, there's no way to go except match core configs. These have to be ready for Ryzen 3 (and thus need to be a better value than Zen 2 on-release)

Last edited:

They probably are big boys, who understand that early adopters always pay more.

Back