1080 Ti K|NGP|N is here

I never got these cards since they release so close to the next gen.

I never got these cards since they release so close to the next gen.

It makes more sense when one factors in everything.
-Not everyone is willing to pound F5 at 6am on a Monday to hope to get a card at release
-Whenever NVidia releases a new card my first thought is always, great, I can't wait until someone else releases it since I don't want some hot loud piece of trash in my computer. FEs or stock coolers or whatever they're called today are just garbage.

I think $1k is lol_pricing, but damn just look at it! On that note, why don't more manufacturers post pictures of the side profile of the card, what 99% of people will actually see when opening up or looking in their computer?

-Not everyone is willing to pound F5 at 6am on a Monday to hope to get a card at release
-Whenever NVidia releases a new card my first thought is always, great, I can't wait until someone else releases it since I don't want some hot loud piece of trash in my computer. FEs or stock coolers or whatever they're called today are just garbage.

I think $1k is lol_pricing, but damn just look at it! On that note, why don't more manufacturers post pictures of the side profile of the card, what 99% of people will actually see when opening up or looking in their computer?

This is four months after launch 1080ti and within a quarter of Volta?

I think the target market (which I am in) got Titan X's with watercooling 11 months ago. And it was only 30% more... even factoring in the water cooling.

Just makes no sense. Especially since the days of massive OC's requiring voltage are long gone.

Last edited:
HStG8LB.jpg

might leave unopened until some reviews roll in lol, can always return it for full refund when unopened

When I see EVGA Released Kingpin, I instantly think that new video cards are coming out 4-6 months! laugh

Mini DPs on a gamer's GPU? That's something you don't see everyday. The last time I saw those on a card, let alone gaming card, was on one of the AMD's 6 display Firepros I think, had 6 mini DPs.

Huh?? Wtf makes that woth a grand?

I am getting an Asus Poseidon tomorrow and I'm already disgusted they are 829.99.
The Kingpin series have always been targeted for professional overclockers. As such they are some of the most tweakable cards out there. EVGA also tends to include things that other companies don't like easier ways of doing voltage mods or measuring with external voltmeters, etc.

I always found the inclusion of a super high end air cooler kind of silly, as most of the client base for these cards are likely going to strip that off before they even install them. Maybe the cooler along with the RGB lighting is meant to rope in a few people wanting the best there is for gaming (regardless of price) and will fall for various marketing ploys.

For someone trying to win an overclocking competition or just seeking out fame, the price might be justified. For 99.99% of gamers, the price might not be justified at all.

Mini DPs on a gamer's GPU? That's something you don't see everyday. The last time I saw those on a card, let alone gaming card, was on one of the AMD's 6 display Firepros I think, had 6 mini DPs.
That was likely done to save space for all the other shit on the card. Judging by the amount of copper I can see, this thing could probably double as a boat anchor.

Last edited:
Mini DP's are AWESOME! I wished more cards came with them. I use to have them on my 6990 watercooled back in the day.

When I see EVGA Released Kingpin, I instantly think that new video cards are coming out 4-6 months! laugh

One could say similar things about the *80 Ti release! TITAN owners enjoy better performance months and months in advance.

Thing was in stock when I posted. Crazy that they have sold out at $1k each. Damn.

Last edited:
That is one sexy expensive beast. Love all that copper. Probably a hundred bucks worth in that cooler lol.

Mini DPs on a gamer's GPU? That's something you don't see everyday. The last time I saw those on a card, let alone gaming card, was on one of the AMD's 6 display Firepros I think, had 6 mini DPs.[/QU

Damn my DP cable is outdated already :vomit: you would be hard pressed to find a decent mini displayport cable that would work with this since most monitors don't include them. I hope this isn't a standard down the road and just a design with limited space on the card. I thought doing away with DVI on the FE cards was bad enough. I had problems just finding a decent Displayport to DVI adapter connector I got parnoid and picked up x4 of them on ebay.

Last edited:
Cooler is only copper plated. Kingpin also said he went with mini dp's so if you put a waterblock on it, it can be a true 1 slot card (also included a single slot pci bracket). Making it a one slot card you could run 4 of them if you were insane enough. Also the card comes with mini dp to dp and mini dp to dvid, so no need to buy adapters.

man. put a hurting on my wallet yesterday. ordered a kingpin card, also ordered 2x 960 pro 512gb, and a 1000 t2

My old 6950 has 2 of them. I upgraded from a 5850 and was plugging in the monitors and was like crap, now I have to order a new cable for my main screen, so I just ran 2 monitors till the new cable arrived.
I upgraded to a 7970 and it had normal DP ports.

I like that they put the power connectors on the back of the card instead of the side.

Last edited:
The heatsink is copper-plated nickel. Nickel is more expensive than copper. But still, it's only like $4.50 a pound.
Now why would you do that? You nickel-plate copper to keep it from corroding. But using nickel as a heatsink and copper-plating it would be a really bad idea. Because nickel is a much poorer thermal conductor than copper, and then you plate it with copper which will corrode over time to add insult to injury!? /facedesk

Now why would you do that? You nickel-plate copper to keep it from corroding. But using nickel as a heatsink and copper-plating it would be a really bad idea. Because nickel is a much poorer thermal conductor than copper, and then you plate it with copper which will corrode over time to add insult to injury!? /facedesk
I have no idea. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read this in a post on the EVGA forum.

Scalpers are selling it for 1.5K and 2.0K on ebay if you really want it that bad :hungover::hungover::cigar:

damn what is the use it doesn't give anything more then the other 1080ti's unless ya want to Frankenstein it.

damn what is the use it doesn't give anything more then the other 1080ti's unless ya want to Frankenstein it.

Pretty much.. 1960 ~ 2060 .... 2088 if you get a golden goose. And I am talking sustained clocks while the GPU is heavily loaded. It's barely any change real world. Since I slapped my 1080ti on the z270 with a 5ghz i7 I haven't even felt the need to add the +50 core OC I normally run at..

...that said if I were going to drop coin on a 1080ti now I would probably get one with an AIO to keep those temps down and dump the heat out of the case.

Last edited:
Back