1 TB 980 NVME $59.00

...why? Most of these drives have never been used.

Things returned to retail stores are usually because the person who bought it had no idea what it was or how to install it.

Baseless avoidance of deals is bad for your wallet.
Normally you are trading a shorter warranty period for a great savings. I buy used on the H and don't expect a 1 year warranty from the sellers.

I dunno, I mean you can get a brand new intel 970p 2tb for $79 on Amz... sometimes cheaper on the egg. Over a refurb/open box... I agree that a lot of open box stuff is practically new, but you roll the dice with what you're getting.

I mean I have a Sammy 980 and the above mentioned Intel 970 in different systems so I'm not a brand loyalist

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Internal-Solid-State-SSDPEKNU010TZX1/dp/B08X4XL71S

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I dunno, I mean you can get a brand new intel 970p 2tb for $79 on Amz... sometimes cheaper on the egg. Over a refurb/open box... I agree that a lot of open box stuff is practically new, but you roll the dice with what you're getting.

I mean I have a Sammy 980 and the above mentioned Intel 970 in different systems so I'm not a brand loyalist

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Internal-Solid-State-SSDPEKNU010TZX1/dp/B08X4XL71S
IIRC, the 980 Pro is TLC, while that intel drive uses QLC. Quite a bit different write endurance between them (TLC lasting a lot longer).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Geek Squad? Recertified, SSD?
Umm, ya, think I'll pass on that.
Same. Probably used up tbw from chia plotting. Geek squad can't refurbish an ssd. You can get comparable 2tb tlc ssd new with a warranty for $100. This is a 1tb used for $60.

Reactions: DPI
like this
Ordered mine july 2022, had the latest firmware, the fix (4B2QGXA7) was out summer 2021 at the latest I think, it is 3B2QGXA7 or before which is quite old by now. The latest update for that drive is more than a year old 5B2QGXA7 if reddit 1 yr.ago mean 1 year or more message.

The issue got discovered or at least talked about somewhat recently was about a very old pre summer 2021 of the firmware if I not missing a part.

Back