Soundbars do any certain brands stand out?

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
I'm looking at these Soundbars at work they always seem to be on sale. I tired the Demo version of a Vizio soundbar with a included Subwoofer it doesn't sound very good even for a 330.00 price tag. They have these Bose soundbars as well but they don't include Sub Woofs so I couldn't get the Bose to work demo was broken down so I'm wondering if the Bose subwoofer sound any better?I don't need one by all means already own some Edifiers and a Soundblaster Katana V2 which my PS5 is hooked up to. The Katana isn't bad but my 350DBs Edifiers blow it out of the water except my PS5 works better with the Soundbar than the Edifier picks it up when it's turned on my Edfier was hit and miss with the optical port.

I was given an LG one with a subwoofer. It's been great. It even has enough bass that I dont bother running the sub now. I live in an apartment and rumbling bass is a bit anti-social.

Like all things, brand doesn't matter. All that matters is if the unit itself is good.
What that means in actuality is whether or not the price to performance of that particular model is good.

If you want really excellent sound though, soundbars are still generally not going to be it. If you bought something that costs $330 and it "didn't sound good to you" then you're probably not the sort of person that will be happy with a soundbar period. Because they are definitely for people that will get them and consider it to be "good enough" and not that it will do anything beyond that.

You could buy an entry set of separates for $330 that will sound great, but it's a whole different setup and would require either an amp or receiver to drive them. Also size/weight, mounting/stands, etc etc.

Last edited:
I have yet to hear a soundbar that sounds anywhere near as good as a component set. I've tried to replace my 10+ year old $500 Yamaha receiver/speakers/sub set with a soundbar at least 3 times now over the years and am always let down and end up back with the receiver.

Back